Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A beautiful day....

The sun is bright and warm...the Finches are at the feed sack and the laundry is done. A busy morning. Guess what, I took a stitch break yesterday...that's right..I did not stitch! I felt guilty just for a little while...but I reminded myself that I have finished 7 out of 15 projects and it is only the beginning of March. I looked for a few patterns for a couple special projects....I poked a card to stitch at tonight's card stitch group...had a long chat with my sis on the phone. Our telephone chats are always long....and fun...lots of laughs and support for one another. Linda usually comes to visit in May...last year she came for a month  in June because I had double foot surgery...what  a blast. As she is very fond of saying, I am the older sis....she is 2 1/2 years younger.
The Mourning Doves have been constructing their nest....

They are right outside the kitchen window....next to the garage service door. A pain because they are so close, but nice to watch them. And of course the hummer has been back a forth to the feeder today....

Plans for the day? Well, I think I will stitch today...outside. Hopefully Mr H will be feeling better. He actually was up all day yesterday and cooked dinner...what a relief. I though I may starve if things continued on much longer. I think one of the reasons he is feeling better...Airborne...that's right. The pharmacist recommended it and he started Monday...taking it several times that day and then again yesterday.
Time for tea and stitching..have a wonderful day......

3 comments:

Blu Stitcher said...

I take Airborne all the time. I am allergic to the flu shots so during flu season I have to be so careful. I have not had the flu or a cold since 2000. (knock on wood and fingers crossed) I believe Airborne has been one of the reasons why.

natalyK said...

Gracie, Being a pharmacist I have recommended Airborn many times. I swear by it, especially if you use it at the first sign of a scratchy throat. I am glad Mr. H is feeling better. Enjoy your sunney day. It's still COOLLLDDD here.

Emily said...

I'm glad hubby's feeling better!!! So glad you didn't starve to death!! whew!!

Hope you had a great day stitching!!!