Monday, February 21, 2011

I've fallen...I need help getting up! and other adventures of the weekend

I can not tell you how many times I am saying yelling to Mr H...this dog is going to make me fall...well she finally did. Zoe is always right there...but yesterday ...well. Now I have mentioned that she has not been feeling well...as she had gone out but not completed her business...It would help if she would only take the half pill daily. But, I was out of ham and she would not take it...I blocked off the living area with the 2 gates...it's a large open doorway...and Zoe hates and I mean hates to see those gates up. As I was climbing over..should have moved one aside like I always do, she was right there...literally under foot! Down I went on my left side ...down on the tile floor...now through the kitchen window I can see Mr H walking by...out of ear shot..finally he come in....helps me to me feet after asking what happened. I thought being on the floor in tears was explanation enough....anyway...I was afraid to initially move is why I waited for assistance...no broken anything..but ouch did I ache. Not to worry, today I just feel like I fell yesterday....
On to other things...you know Spring is not far away when you start finding...
Gamble Quail egg
They often will lay some "dud" eggs, and  this is one...I have a few...anytime now, a pair will arrive in our yard to the same large planter and lay 10 to 12 eggs...and Mr H gets frustrated. This has been going on for the last 3 years. He has left some broken shells in the planter thinking they will not return...we shall see. It is not that we do not want them here, it is the problems that occur. If they are off someplace else we do not have to deal with them. We also will get a pair of Mourning Doves who nest in the wall planter...they are not a problem. I will let you know who wins out...the birds or Dennis.
All in all I did manage to stitch yesterday/last night.....meet me over at my other place and take a look.
I am waiting for a special snail mail, when it arrives, I will tell you all about it. As always, it was so nice to have you stop by....have a great day.

8 comments:

SoCal Debbie said...

Gracie, so sorry to hear about your fall! Thank goodness DH was there and you weren't stranded on the floor for too long. I hope you feel better soon. Ouch!

Susan said...

Sorry to hear of your mishap. I fell late last summer (tripped over a weed) coffee went flying, purse, sand everywhere. I was a mess so I got myself up dusted myself off and was just coming around the house when the visiting husband says 'what was taking you so long'. Lovely man! Never around when you need him!

I'll check out your other blog in a minute as usual.

Happy stitching!

Natalia said...

Oh boy... I know what happened to you will happen to me eventually, as my dog is always in the way too !!! They just have to be close to us, don't they? I hope you stop hurting soon.

Tricia said...

I'm so sorry you fell! I've had that same unpleasant experience with our two furbabies as well!!! It's a good thing we love them so much! Your stitching is coming along well! I bet you'll be sad when Bella is done. She's so pretty!

lcp0528 said...

Okay now, don't go blaming my precious niece for your mishap !!! see what happens when I'm not around.....xoxo

CalamityJr said...

Sorry you're achy, but glad nothing's seriously injured. Now you have a valid reason to do nothing but sit and stitch!

Emily said...

Ouch!! Sorry to hear about your fall!! I'm glad nothing was broken!!

Good luck with the Quails!!

Denise said...

It's not the fall that hurts - it's the landing! Glad you waited for help and nothing is broken.

What if you covered the planter with netting where they lay their eggs. Would that make them move on?