Thursday, February 10, 2011

A busy but wonderful day

To say that I am glad yesterday is over...just to rest today..but I had a great time. The quilt show was fantastic. If ever you get the chance to attend a Yvonne Hollenbeck appearance...be sure to go. If you remember, my friend Marilyn...

invited me to her quilt club presentation. After we had a delicious lunch we sat and listened to Yvonne explain her magnificent quilt collection. Some of them were from her great-great-grandmother..
this log cabin design, from the 1800's.

Others were from her grandmothers....from both maternal and fraternal...and some from her mom who quilted until passing away last February. Then there were her quilts...
let me just put up the pictures for your enjoyment.
 This is Yvonne explaining one of the quilts
 This one was unbelievable...the center are appliqued pansies and the hundreds of smaller blocks surrounding it.

This was so sweet...The Lady and The Parasol...all the blocks were appliqued and each of course was a lovely print. Some of the quilts were made from clothing and others using feed/flour sacks. Just amazing.

Along with her was her friend (sorry, but I forgot her name), who makes round quilts....here are her quilts...

I just had to buy one of Yvonne's poetry books...they are wonderful. Of course she signed it for me. In between showing the quilts she would recite a poem or two.

I have to show you this pic...later if you remember I went with my dear friend Ziz...
We monitored our Club table at the HOA yearly orientation. She always has a smile and a hug and kindness...that is my friend.

Well I must meet you at my other place to see Bella..so grab that cup of whatever and follow me there.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

WOW, the quilts look amazing in your pictures, they must have been breath taking in person.

Cardygirl said...

Looks like a fun day!

Kttycat said...

Some really pretty quilts. I'm glad you had a fun day.