Wednesday, February 9, 2011

About yesterday.....

I may not have done any cross stitching, but I was busy nevertheless. I can't even show you everything because some of it was sent out yesterday as gifts and until they receive them...well, you know the drill. But I will show you what I used....
I fell in love with the large floral print and the companion piece....the green is a better picture of the fabric I used to back my pincushion. I love buttons, and these were used in the ....well, not going to say right yet.
I also dyed some fabric to use in a fob....a lovely pattern I got from Tricia. I may sneak it in to do ....here is the linen...
On the right is the piece I dyed with Tetley Tea...the original is on the left.
I have a full day, so I am not sure about having needle in hand much or at all. There is a trip to the bank, to the market and then off to meet my snowbird friend Marilyn. She has invited me to your Quilt Club Luncheon today to hear speaker, poet and quilter Yvonne Hollenback. There will also be a trunk show of quilts. I am looking forward to this time spent with my friend. I will try to take pictures. Then this evening I am off with my dear friend Ziz to monitor at a community service meeting. So, as you can see....anyway, I did get some done on Bella. Let's go to my other place and you will see......hope you have a relaxing day.

7 comments:

Patty C. said...

Lovely fabrics & the tea dyed piece looks wonderful !!!

RuthB said...

Great stashing and fabulous dying! congrats.

Tricia said...

Pretty colors on the fabric and wonderful tea-dyed fabric!!! Just lovely!

Tricia said...

BTW... Just noticing your picture of your Sherlock Holmes. Did I ever tell you that we have a Mini Schnauzer and a Schnoodle? They're laying on the couch next to me. Sweet puppies!

Emily said...

The fabrics are so pretty!! I love them!! Have a great time with your friend!! I wish some of my friends *coughcatcough* could be a snowbird LOL

Have a great day!!

Roberta said...

Love the fabric and green is my favorite color. The tea dyed linen came out very nice.

Have a good week.

Kathy said...

Sounds like your day was as busy as some of mine. :) Love the floral fabric. Just beautiful. And I love the piece of linen that you dyed. It is so pretty.
Hope you find some stitching time.