Friday, July 19, 2019

Seeing stars

Since the 115 temp day recently,  we are in a cool down....now the temp is in the mid 100s. Still hot and it will be until September-ish. Not to worry about me because sensibly I am remaining indoors venturing out when I must. I can always find something to keep me busy...
Four Origami Christmas Stars made. Although they are usually not embellished, I think some gold threads are in order... I will experiment. Before I know it I will be making my August star.
I was a little careless while assembling the stars....
I nipped my finger while trimming with the tip of my very sharp fabric scissors. Happily I did not bleed on my star, but I did see stars! Amazing how these small cuts can sting and bleed. Today I have a sore finger but the stars got finished! Now to decide on the next project. I am thinking maybe cat or dog themed stars... or maybe....? Choice of fabrics is endless.
Today I will be just relaxing. Reading is a good option.... or maybe a movie or two. Ahh, the life of a retired gal.
Whatever your plans for today, be sure to take time to relax. It has been so nice chatting with you. Thank you for your kind and caring words. Thank you especially for your friendship.

When I think of Robert Frost's poems, like The Road Not Taken, I feel the support of someone who  understands that life's choices are like, someone who says, "I've been there, and it's okay to go on."
From the book, The world According to Mr Rogers, chapter, The Courage to be Yourself.

10 comments:

Cynthia said...

The ornaments turned out lovely. By any chance, can you share your instructions? And take care of that little boo-boo. Yes, the small ones tend to hurt the most. Stay cool.

Vicki said...

Beautiful stars! If you have any young girls to gift I suggest unicorn fabric. They all seem to be into unicorns these days! I've cut myself in that exact same way... it hurts. Enjoy your relaxing day!

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Where did you get the pattern for your stars, I would like to make some too. Take care of yourself and your finger. I know they hurt like -----! I cut the tip of my finger off last month and that was not fun, espically when it would not stop bleeding.
Got a little light headed on that one, good thing Dave was here to help me.
Have a great day. big hugs It's warm here I just got back from getting some grocies and am now waiting for fresh bread from the bread machine and I will now say good bye

Vickie said...

Yes, making those stars is a fun thing to do, isn't it?!
I have the Mr. Rogers book on order at the library. I will get it tomorrow. Thank you for the great suggestion!

Deb said...

Love the star ornaments, so sorry your nipped your finger, I tend to do that too and oh my it does make one see stars.

butterfly said...

Gracie love your stars you are one talented lady .
I hate those small cuts they can be so sore .
Have a lovely week hugs .

Julie said...

Sweet stars, they are very nice.
Ouch... scissors are such naughty things sometimes.

Mary said...

Ouch!!! I have done that too and isn't it amazing how a little nip like that hurts so much. Love those stars and I can't imagine temps like that, we are in a heatwave and I so dislike being stuck inside. 115 YIKES!!!

RJ said...

Gracie, your stars are wonderful. I love how they look. I would love to know how to make them. 115 is so high...please keep well hydrated and stay inside as much as possible. Hope it cools down soon. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Pittoresque said...

Lovely stars! Please be careful with those sharp scissors, though.