Wednesday, July 17, 2019

What a difference a day can make....

~~~~~24 little hours~~~~
Yesterday the temp reached 115, the hottest day of 2019---so far. Today we are I a cool down and it should only reach 109. Here it is 10:0 and it is already 11. I really did not care what the temp was yesterday as I spent most of the day in bed--- with a headache. Thankfully it was not a migraine; but I cannot remember when I last had one that held me down like that. Lots of dinking, unfortunately it was water not wine! Minimal food intake. Today I am out of bed and moving slowly but moving. Now before you ask, when it is this hot I stay in just as when I lived in Rhode Island and it was a frigid snowy winter day, I stayed in. However, then I was a working gal and now I am retired so staying put is easy.
Four Origami Star strips ready for pressing and folding.... tomorrow not today. There is plenty more fabric to choose from if I need to make more. My goal is to get my Christmas mailing stuff ready early.... especially packages that need to travel a distance, like out of the US. The goal is November 1st. Key word is goal.
Today I will still be taking it easy... no chores. Dinner tonight will be simply fixed chicken cutlet and mashed potato. The chef called out sick so me myself and I will handle it.
Okay friends, time for another tall glass of iced water ad my feet up. Glad to chat with you. Thank you for your kind and caring words. thank you most of all for your friendship.

6 comments:

Purple Pixie Dust said...

I love the fabric for your origami Stars. I wish I knew how to make them. I have had a headache for a few days now. It is the blood pressure med's the doctor has me on. I stopped taking them because my pace maker was changed back to the original settings and I don't need med's to make my heart go slower. Doctor is on vacation so I will just not take anything until I see her. Atleast there is no headache today. big hugs

Julie said...

Nice Christmas choices for the stars.
((gentle hug)) hope you headache is soon a thing of the past and you are feeling much brighter.

Vickie said...

I am sorry to hear of your headache Gracie. I have been hiding inside this week. It is hot all week here. In the 90's. I like your fabrics.

butterfly said...

Oh gracie I am sorry about the headache , I don't get them now but the heat is not good for them , keep drinking the water.
Nice materials it won't be that long before I must start thinking Christmas we know how quick the time passes .
Big hugs to you , hope you feel better soon.

Vicki said...

Your fabric choices are gorgeous, can't wait to see the stars. I'm glad you're drinking water, it is so easy to get dehydrated these hot days. I got dehydrated a week ago and it took me two days to get back to feeling ok. I will cheer you on to make your 11/1 goal, Gracie!

Pittoresque said...

Such pretty fabrics! I'm glad to hear you're taking it easy.