Thursday, February 15, 2018

What a week....and it's only Thursday!

Rain.. yes indeed there was rain in The Valley of the Sun yesterday afternoon. The official measurement was about 1/4 of an inch and the first really measurable in 130 days. Well, it is a desert area!
There were bubbles in the birdbath! It did not rain heavily here but enough to be steady for a short time. It was nice and we do need it but at this rate the drought will continue.
Thank you for the lovely messages on Valentine's Day. Another one of my firsts to pass. The Brother Alan called to check on how I was feeling since the latest procedure which was Monday. To be honest, it is not as painful (but it is badly bruised) as the right leg which is still so sore. Those bruises are starting to fade. Tonight I get to sleep without bandages or compression stocking...that should feel good.

I stuffed and stuffed and began to put the Tilda doll together and I even tatted a little yesterday. Found an unfinished tatted Ice Drop started so I thought it was time to finish it...neither of the projects got finished! I did watch the Olympics. It is so hard to watch the figure skaters when they fall or fail to complete a technique. I know the count of medals is important but for me it is to see the accomplishments of all the athletes. Years of work to get to the competition is a reward in itself. The skiing is my favorite and the Curling. Still learning about the rules and stuff but I enjoy the how and why of the game. Today will be another good day to relax and watch more of the games.
Guess that about covers what I have been up to this week. The Bissell needs a walk but I am not suppose to do that yet...gee, I feel bad! Since the air still has some rain drops in it I can forget about cleaning the yard, oh wait, that is not on my okay to do list...gee....guess I will just sit and do some crafty thing and watch the Olympics. Glad you visited with me today. Thank you for the kind words and for your caring friendship.
***friends are kisses blown to us by Angels*** unknown author 

8 comments:

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Glad you liked my card. Hugs I see the doll is getting some shape to her. Have a get day. love Lynda Ruth

Vicki said...

Enjoy your "down" time, Gracie. I'm loving these cloudy days, it always feels cozy to me when I have lights on in the house during the daytime hours!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Certainly rainy at the moment, your doll looks good

Cactusneedle said...

Glad you are on the mend. Enjoy the down time guilt-free! I am loving this weather. Yesterday I opened my front and back doors to air out the house and listen to and smell the rain. By evening I was coughing and this morning I am croupy. Don't really think it was the weather as it wasn't cold. Hubby came home from work earlier this week with a cold so think I caught something from him. Weather like we've had this week is so rare I have to take advantage and open the house!

Anonymous said...

Yard work is overrated in my not so humble opinion anyway! (giggle) I am happy to hear that although you are still in pain, the bruising is starting to go away and that you get to sleep without bandages tonight!

I forgot to officially follow you the last time I stopped by so I rectified that this time! I did put your blog on my blog list of blogs I read though so I knew to pop over today to read your latest post. Whew, I am babbling on aren't I... sorry about that! Anywho, just wanted to wish you a happy Thursday and by the way, hope you can pop over to my new-ish blog to say hi sometime...
Hugs for now from not so brrrr New Hampshire... (we are supposed to reach 49 before day's end)!

Julie said...

So good to read that the second procedure is not so painful in your recovery. Miss Tilda is looking good.
xx

butterfly said...


Your doll is looking good , hope your leg is feeling better .
Lot's of hugs and kisses .

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Good to hear that you are recovering nicely and the Brother Alan is keeping an eye on you via the telephone! Making sure you don't try figure skating yourself just yet.