Well it did rain and is still drying out. Since it is still dark outside I can only tell you that the air is nippy. I have been watching the Olympics and did a bit of tatting
The basic ice drop with a heart border.... but Olympic Curling got in the way....
I baked a basic bread late yesterday to have with my Penne and Shrimp bake dinner.... very good if I say so myself. I have enjoyed trying new recipes. I would like to show you the view out of my kitchen window....
This is what is left of my tomato plant and of course the "alien" Snail Vine. It truly grows before my eyes!
If you really look closely in the center of the picture you will see that it is now growing toward each side! As soon as I can use the step ladder I will attempt to bundle it up to the top of the arbor....before you can not longer walk beneath it. And such delicate blooms...
They are unique in how they curl around itself and such pretty shades of lavender. Soon I will be showing you my lavender blooms that are getting ready.
this little bundle of cherry tomatoes may be the last that I get. I will just leave the plant which is right next to the "alien" and on the other side of this is
the Red Lips Salvia. The hummer visits it daily and it is a lovely bright spot to see out the kitchen window. It probably would do better in the ground but for now this is where it grows.
Across the garden is
Fairy Duster....which has doubled in size and doing well. These feathery blooms do not last long but are so bright and fluffy. I am enjoying taking care of this garden which my Denny established and loved so much. I know he would approve of my additions.
Thanks to Don for helping me to install all the drip lines, my watering is now self care and makes it much easier for me to enjoy what work I need to do out there.
Today the plan is to attach the doll's head so she can think and help me pick out clothing fabric! I think I will carefully bring the bin into the house so I do not have to stand in the garage choosing it all. My restrictions will probably be lifted once I see the doctor on Tuesday. Hopefully my right leg will start to feel better too. Hope you enjoyed the garden walk. Thank you for your caring emails and encouragement and kind words. You are wonderful friends...thank you for your friendship. You have helped me immensely these last 8 months.
The basic ice drop with a heart border.... but Olympic Curling got in the way....
I baked a basic bread late yesterday to have with my Penne and Shrimp bake dinner.... very good if I say so myself. I have enjoyed trying new recipes. I would like to show you the view out of my kitchen window....
This is what is left of my tomato plant and of course the "alien" Snail Vine. It truly grows before my eyes!
If you really look closely in the center of the picture you will see that it is now growing toward each side! As soon as I can use the step ladder I will attempt to bundle it up to the top of the arbor....before you can not longer walk beneath it. And such delicate blooms...
They are unique in how they curl around itself and such pretty shades of lavender. Soon I will be showing you my lavender blooms that are getting ready.
this little bundle of cherry tomatoes may be the last that I get. I will just leave the plant which is right next to the "alien" and on the other side of this is
the Red Lips Salvia. The hummer visits it daily and it is a lovely bright spot to see out the kitchen window. It probably would do better in the ground but for now this is where it grows.
Across the garden is
Fairy Duster....which has doubled in size and doing well. These feathery blooms do not last long but are so bright and fluffy. I am enjoying taking care of this garden which my Denny established and loved so much. I know he would approve of my additions.
Thanks to Don for helping me to install all the drip lines, my watering is now self care and makes it much easier for me to enjoy what work I need to do out there.
Today the plan is to attach the doll's head so she can think and help me pick out clothing fabric! I think I will carefully bring the bin into the house so I do not have to stand in the garage choosing it all. My restrictions will probably be lifted once I see the doctor on Tuesday. Hopefully my right leg will start to feel better too. Hope you enjoyed the garden walk. Thank you for your caring emails and encouragement and kind words. You are wonderful friends...thank you for your friendship. You have helped me immensely these last 8 months.
8 comments:
I love your garden and all the pretty flowers. I have been busy reading and trying patterns in those booklets. You know that basic ice drop with a heart border would be great for me doing and putting polished stones in but I can't find a pattern. Can you help me. love Lynda Ruth
Enjoy your day.
Your garden is lovely! Try to take it easy until Tuesday...
Mr.H would be so very, very proud! The snail vine is gorgeous. So are the others.
Lovely garden photos, but please leave the step ladder to other people for a little while!
Nice start on the tatting too.
Such a pretty garden and I hope that the doctor gives you a green light when you see him on Tuesday.
Gracie, I love your tatting. It is so delicate and pretty. And your flowers and garden are so beautiful. Yum those tomatoes look so good. I do hope your leg will be feeling better soon and the doctor will give you an ok but for now I'm with the others...stay off the ladder. Thank you so much for signing up to follow us. We are so excited to have you as one of our new friends. I'm going to copy and paste your blog name so I can add it to our blog roll so I know when you are posting. I will tell Mary too.
RJ@stitchingfriendsforever
Your garden is beautiful. And the alien vine is incredible!. Denny is very proud of you. Beautiful flowers!
You've definitely developed green fingers Gracie, your plants all look nice and healthy.
Post a Comment