Just poking around today. Yesterday I made bagels....taste okay but let me tell you, they could never make the "nice looking" part of the bake-off.
Entirely my fault as I did not form the dough smoothly. Next time...if I do this again, they will look better. Some with sesame seed and others with poppy seed topping.
I also finally understand and think I can manage Cluny tatting.
The first one on the left is perfect, the one on the right, let's just say it is almost right....by that I will say I did not count the wraps just the process so in that case it is acceptable as a learning piece. Practice will get me there. I also need to practice Josephine Knots. When I learned to make them some years ago they wee good but when I do not do them they now need practice. So in between tatting I will practice both of these.
My latest snowflake is complete and just needs starching. It is the same as the last only doing the first half this time. I like some different looks. The next one I try will have beads. I love tatting. Before you ask, I have not given up on my other needle work, just need to change for a time. For now, it is tatting and sewing. Today is definitely cut out doll morning. Also a trip to the post office to get my package mailed.
The Doves were here earlier, resting on the wall at the gate. Until the nest is complete they will come and go as they please. Dennis loved having the nesting birds here.
Today will be a salad with tomato and beans form my garden along with Romaine and cucumbers from the market for lunch. Think I will add a bit of Provolone cheese. I like to try to plan ahead so I am not hungry and trying to find something to eat. With that said and laundry ready to hang, I think I will plan dinner too. So nice to chat with you. Thank you for your kind words and most of all your friendship.
Entirely my fault as I did not form the dough smoothly. Next time...if I do this again, they will look better. Some with sesame seed and others with poppy seed topping.
I also finally understand and think I can manage Cluny tatting.
The first one on the left is perfect, the one on the right, let's just say it is almost right....by that I will say I did not count the wraps just the process so in that case it is acceptable as a learning piece. Practice will get me there. I also need to practice Josephine Knots. When I learned to make them some years ago they wee good but when I do not do them they now need practice. So in between tatting I will practice both of these.
My latest snowflake is complete and just needs starching. It is the same as the last only doing the first half this time. I like some different looks. The next one I try will have beads. I love tatting. Before you ask, I have not given up on my other needle work, just need to change for a time. For now, it is tatting and sewing. Today is definitely cut out doll morning. Also a trip to the post office to get my package mailed.
The Doves were here earlier, resting on the wall at the gate. Until the nest is complete they will come and go as they please. Dennis loved having the nesting birds here.
Today will be a salad with tomato and beans form my garden along with Romaine and cucumbers from the market for lunch. Think I will add a bit of Provolone cheese. I like to try to plan ahead so I am not hungry and trying to find something to eat. With that said and laundry ready to hang, I think I will plan dinner too. So nice to chat with you. Thank you for your kind words and most of all your friendship.
7 comments:
Lovely bagels , look so yummy .
Enjoy your salad.
You did a good job on the bagels, it just takes practice to get them round. I used a round large cookie cutter to do mine. Love your tatting. take care big hugs
my doll is sitting on my dresser in the bedroom so I can see her every day and my angel and tatted ornament are on my Norfolk Pine which sits behind me while I am at my computer.
I was back at the hospital yesterday having x-rays on my left shoulder, lower right side back and my right knee. Boy, do I ache today. Must have been 18 to 20 x-rays. I am just relaxing today. enjoy your doves
the snow flakes are lovely....so pretty......
Your bagels look fine and tasty.
Hah, I recently attempted bagels too! I had a very hard time getting them to stay "closed" for the boiling process. "Maybe next time" :)
Beautiful tatted snowflake! They look so fun to make.
Hope the bagels tasted good, that's the important thing!
Love the new snowflake.
You're bagals look delicious!
Post a Comment