Sunday, January 14, 2018

Guess who has returned

Another beautiful day. Wishing that family and friends along the East Coast could have some warmer weather about now...drive safely and dress warm.
Had a busy morning; laundry, re-arranging the craft stuff (almost finished), made a chicken soup with egg drop and now plan to tat. All is well outside in the garden. The hummer has been here and gone several times, other little birds stopping by for berries from the Firecracker bush.


This female White-Crowned Sparrow found several berries to munch on. The sound of the pond is soothing today.
Just around sunrise,  I spotted a familiar sight atop the backyard wall
The Doves are back and from the sounds of their cooing to one another it is apparent they are going to build a nest. The garden is a busy place.
The Brother Alan hung a disco ball (we love them and have 2 in the garden) by the pond and the sun is reflecting "parkles" on the wall. You may call them sparkles, but they have been know to me and Denny as parkles because niece Elyssa pronounced them as such.  I am planning to sit and tat this afternoon to finish the snowflake so I can make some from a new book that arrived yesterday.
I love new books! and this one has some lovely snowflakes to make. I am hoping to get enough made to send some out by Valentines day. Chances are that I may yet cut out a Tilda doll. There is nothing on my calendar until Thursday, so I should be able to at least get it started. The problem is that I have been easily distracted this past week. Brain Flittering is what it is. Even as I sit here at the computer, my mind wanders out to the garden. Well, guess I best say adios for now. Glad to chat with you. Thank you for the kind words and friendship.

7 comments:

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Looks like you had a few friends drop by. I wish we had warmer weather. It rained all day yesterday now it is lightly snowing off and on all day. I like your new tatting book. hugs

Rose Marie said...

Beautiful pictures of your yard. Enjoy your day. 39° here! Not leaving the house.

diamondc said...

Gracie: I love birds we have so many over 10 feeders in our yard to feed the birds.
I love books myself, the snowflakes on the cover are lovely.

Blessings
Catherine

Vickie said...

Oh your garden is lovely Gracie. Much nicer than the fresh deep snow here! Your snowflake book looks delightful. Enjoy!

Julie said...

I'll look forward to seeing your lovely creations from the new book.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You do have lovely visitors to your garden. The new book looks great too.

Pittoresque said...

Great new book. The snowflakes look awesome, especially with all those cheerful colours.