Laundry done, coffee drank and now I am tatting a new snowflake
This is from my newly purchased book and I hope to make them all! I love using beads in all my needlework so this is a plus that there are a few in the book. I enjoy a challenge and tatting with beads can be just that.
I am still in the re-arranging of the craft closet. So, yesterday I decided to find a new place for all my photo boxes to a place I had not moved items on a closet shelf that essential was Dennis' storage area.
This was behind a binder....an unopened box of cereal with the NE Patriots on the box from Super Bowl #36 in 2002. I had forgotten all about this box. When he bought it I thought I would get to eat the cereal and (hedoes did not like wheat products) his response was --- I am saving this box as is and maybe one day Tom will sign it for me ----. Well, now what? Guess it will sit on a shelf someplace else --- unsigned. Still discovering things.....
I have given up on controlling the Alien Snail Vine...
It is everywhere...and even stepping on it does it no harm! It is almost impossible to walk under the arbor s it is almost 2 feet deep and reaches out everywhere! Truth be told, I love it's wild look. The blooms are delicate and pop out here and there.
Yesterday I also cut out the body for a Tilda doll which I will work on this weekend. Now to pick out fabric for clothing....as difficult as it can be to go out and buy new clothes.
Finally made it to the post office yesterday. The package will arrive (hopefully) on Friday at it's destination.
Time to get more than tatting done around here. Another cup of coffee and a bagel too. Thank you for your kind words and your friendship. It is so nice to have you stop by.
This is from my newly purchased book and I hope to make them all! I love using beads in all my needlework so this is a plus that there are a few in the book. I enjoy a challenge and tatting with beads can be just that.
I am still in the re-arranging of the craft closet. So, yesterday I decided to find a new place for all my photo boxes to a place I had not moved items on a closet shelf that essential was Dennis' storage area.
This was behind a binder....an unopened box of cereal with the NE Patriots on the box from Super Bowl #36 in 2002. I had forgotten all about this box. When he bought it I thought I would get to eat the cereal and (he
I have given up on controlling the Alien Snail Vine...
It is everywhere...and even stepping on it does it no harm! It is almost impossible to walk under the arbor s it is almost 2 feet deep and reaches out everywhere! Truth be told, I love it's wild look. The blooms are delicate and pop out here and there.
Yesterday I also cut out the body for a Tilda doll which I will work on this weekend. Now to pick out fabric for clothing....as difficult as it can be to go out and buy new clothes.
Finally made it to the post office yesterday. The package will arrive (hopefully) on Friday at it's destination.
Time to get more than tatting done around here. Another cup of coffee and a bagel too. Thank you for your kind words and your friendship. It is so nice to have you stop by.
9 comments:
Love the photo of you from inside the vine!
I absolutely love your tatting, Grace. I've tried, numerous times, to master that art form, but have failed miserably each and every time. SIGH. And I love your picture!!
Hugs
Kim
What a surprise the cereal was. Ha! I had quite a laugh over you in that vine Gracie.
Great Photo gracie gave me a smile.
Fun picture, I hope the vine has released you to carry on with more tatting.
Your tatting is just so breathtaking, Gracie, you are such an artisan to be able to create such sweet beauty.
Great pic, hoping that you have been released back to "civilization," what a wonderful vine! I would let it have it's way too, especially with those happy leaves and flowers...it's a wonderful presence!
I can't wait to see your Tilda doll progess, as well as what you make for yourself.
Have a great day
Hugs
Great start to the tatting and by the title I thought you had meant you were full of energy today. :) I didn't realize you meant an actual box. I wouldn't recommend eating them now.
I love the picture of the crazy snail vine!
Nice start on the snowflake.
The vine photo is so funny, you should make that your Profile Picture!
Post a Comment