A partly cloudy morning but still very nice. I listened to the soulful sound of a train whistle at 2:30 this morning..... since it is freight trans that travel on the line I wondered what was it carrying and where was it going. Then I sat up and got my tatting. That rolling cart that I bought is working out just great. It is really simple to get it to any place even into the bedroom at 2:30 AM.
I decided to learn/practice to tat a Cluny leaf. I think it was not the right time. I have the gist of it all but not perfected yet. Later today I will try and get it right.
Yesterday I finished this snowflake. It is just the first part of the design of the last one I made. I like them to be different. I need to stiffen this today. Then I will try the new book of snowflakes.
I am almost....so close.... to re-arranging g all the crafts from one place to the other. Instead of tatting I should have finished that project but at the time I needed a break.
I was asked if I try to tame the Alien Snail Vine, no I have given up trying It gets stepped on, brushed aside and still travels where it please. I love the loose look of it. That is how the garden is, loose and fluffy! I am not a fan of manicured gardens. Speaking of the garden.... it is official that the Doves are mating and since it is on my wall that this is taking place it probably means that any day they will begin to build a nest. If not I think they should go courting elsewhere.
Had fun on Skype with The Brother Alan yesterday using my tablet. I took him and Lisa for a walk in the garden so he could see his cacti area. I just have to learn to keep my finger off the camera part! and which is my left not his left etc. But is was fun and of course good to see them. It will almost be time for them to come back out. In the meantime, I will get to the crafts and the garage. Made chicken soup with rice and egg yesterday and it was delicious. Right now I best get the bed made and take the Bissell for a walk around the house.... it still will not go by itself. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind words. Most of all thank you for your friendship.
EDIT: Just saw The Dove couple building their abode in the wall planter.....they must have read this post!
I decided to learn/practice to tat a Cluny leaf. I think it was not the right time. I have the gist of it all but not perfected yet. Later today I will try and get it right.
Yesterday I finished this snowflake. It is just the first part of the design of the last one I made. I like them to be different. I need to stiffen this today. Then I will try the new book of snowflakes.
I am almost....so close.... to re-arranging g all the crafts from one place to the other. Instead of tatting I should have finished that project but at the time I needed a break.
I was asked if I try to tame the Alien Snail Vine, no I have given up trying It gets stepped on, brushed aside and still travels where it please. I love the loose look of it. That is how the garden is, loose and fluffy! I am not a fan of manicured gardens. Speaking of the garden.... it is official that the Doves are mating and since it is on my wall that this is taking place it probably means that any day they will begin to build a nest. If not I think they should go courting elsewhere.
Had fun on Skype with The Brother Alan yesterday using my tablet. I took him and Lisa for a walk in the garden so he could see his cacti area. I just have to learn to keep my finger off the camera part! and which is my left not his left etc. But is was fun and of course good to see them. It will almost be time for them to come back out. In the meantime, I will get to the crafts and the garage. Made chicken soup with rice and egg yesterday and it was delicious. Right now I best get the bed made and take the Bissell for a walk around the house.... it still will not go by itself. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind words. Most of all thank you for your friendship.
EDIT: Just saw The Dove couple building their abode in the wall planter.....they must have read this post!
9 comments:
Hi Gracie: Love the story about the Doves, I just love their cooing, they are here in abundance, we only have two that stick around in the winter.
I need to learn to tat, it makes such beautiful gifts.
I am up and working at all hours of the day and night, I do take a nap maybe this is why I get up in the middle of the night.
We have tracks less then a mile from our home, I love the sound of the train horn, it may be the last of the good old times as we know them, so many changes, I long for the good old simpler times.
Blessings
Catherine
Oh Gracie, your dove couple sounds so sweet, I just love the dove families...they make such beautiful sounds early in the morning when I'm outside, and they are territorial so once they have their babies they will be your family...mine have been around since before we moved in.
I'm so sorry that you were awake, but glad that you had your tatting to keep you busy, hopefully sleep came not too long after <3
I also love a fluffy yard, except for the grass...that I like short and manicured (too many lizards as you know too yuk!) My Bougainvillea loves to take over the garden and it's so beautiful that I tend to let it. Your garden sounds wonderful.
I'm glad that you'll have some family come to visit soon.
Have a good day
Hugs
Love the bird picture. My sister does tatting. Very pretty. Huggs
The return of the doves makes me think of Dennis. ❤️
Your Tatted snow drops are so beautiful.
I love doves I have a pair that come into the garden about 4.00 every day to feed.
Enjoy your day .
Love that snowflake so delicate and beautiful. Just as well those doves know where to nest!!
I'm glad that your doves have come to stay for a while. Such a easy pet to care for!
The snowflake is lovely too.
When do we start the Brother Alan Countdown?
Pretty tatting. Hooray for nest building.
Such a pretty snow flake. I'm glad your doves are back, I really enjoyed reading about them last year.
Post a Comment