Sunday, March 26, 2017

Change in holiday

What was I thinking?! Starting Christmas and skipping Easter!
.....so I started an Easter egg, sort of. This is the first of 5 strips to decorate an egg with...the plastic kind. The original pattern used size 80 thread....not for me. This is size 20 and it will fir onto a plastic egg. I have to admit I had a bit of trouble with this simple pattern at first, but once my mind settled down it worked just fine. The angel is still in the plans as I want to make several as I mentioned for gifts. Yesterday morning we had a community meet and greet coffee and donuts. The weather was perfect and we had a nice turn out to meet some of the new residents. AI behaved myself and did not have any coffee. As a matter of fact, later yesterday when I checked my blood pressure it was down a little....very pleased. Hopefully this progress will continue. Here it is not even 9 AM and I am craving shrimp....I love shrimp. Except raw. My mind is in one of those modes...wandering aimlessly. Better get back to the stitching chair and tat the other legs of the egg piece. Anyway, there is a Sherlock Holmes movie on and I so enjoy them. Thank you for the kind words which really help when feeling off kilter and worried. Thank yo for the friendship and caring souls that you are. Hope you have a great day.  

11 comments:

Kerryp77 said...

That's so pretty Gracie.

Shelly said...

How pretty! Nice to hear you're feeling somewhat better. Are those the Sherlock movies with Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law? They're my favorites, those two are good together. Have a nice Sunday!

Lesley said...

So delicate,lovely.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This is very pretty already. I am interested to see how it works out with the egg.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Beautiful--here's to feeling better

blue star stitcher said...

What an interesting project to wrap around a small plastic eggs. My son loves the giant plastic ones they sell in Hobby Lobby (I think he just likes to throw them though!)

butterfly said...

Love it gracie , so pretty.

diamondc said...

Hi Gracie: I do hope your blood pressure gets better soon.
Love the tatting so pretty.
I would miss my coffee for sure.

Blessings
Catherine

shirley flavell said...

It's beautiful Gracie.

Leonore Winterer said...

Crafters always seem to be working on odd holidays all throughout the year, but it certainly is nice to work to an appropriate one - I bet that egg will be really pretty!

Julie said...

So very pretty