Friday, March 24, 2017

Irish Lucky Pennies

The ten Irish Lucky Pennies are finished and I found the extra thread! I was not sure I would have enough of the Iris Pearl Cotton thread and could not find more until I spotted the last of it at Jo Ann's. My friend Mary Ann is giving these as gifts so she wanted them all to match.  Mary Ann brought the coins back from her trip to Ireland. Today we have a doctor appointment for Mr H.....and a few errands to accomplish. I visited with my Alice yesterday morning and hopefully I will soon have pictures to show. Right now, they would not be too interesting.  I would like to begin the next Brooch from the Tatted Ovals booklet and would like to start on Tatted Angel ornaments for Christmas gifts. Tuesday evening we had very high gusty winds and then the rain. The temps have fallen out of the high 80s low 90s for now so it is feeling chilly...I know, some of you are still with snow and still waiting for Spring weather. What can I say, we are spoiled. I picked 2 more tomatoes yesterday....they ae delicious when fresh from the plant. Tomato cucumber basil salad today on the menu. I am feeling better and my blood pressure is still up there but lower than last week. The doctor has requested  told me that I can have only 2 cups of coffee a day not the regular 4. I will be having some tests done soon to rule out additional issues. Your messages of good wishes have warmed my heart. In the scheme of things, I am lucky with my health.  Now if we can only settle Dennis' issues.....anyway, that is about the story for today. Glad you had some time to stop by. Thank you for the kind words and most of all for your friendship. Have a great day. Now where did I leave my shuttles......

12 comments:

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

I love the lucky pennies you finished. I also like the broaches you did in the last post.Wish I had someone to teach me to do tatting. I have one week left to go before I retire. Am so eager to be finished working and able to relax and do whatever I want in the days to come. We are hoping for spring here but still cold weather and alittle snow left. Big hugs Lynda Ruth

Cindy's Stitching said...

So pretty. Love this and all the ones you have made. Beautiful work

butterfly said...


Lovely Irish pennies .
Happy to hear you are feeling better today.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The lucky pennies look great, a real Leprechaun's treasure!

Vickie said...

Awesome work on the pennies Gracie. Cutting the coffee in half is not the worst thing to happen to you my friend. Hang in there!

shirley flavell said...

Love your lucky pennies tatting. A vibrant green that looks beautiful with the yellow Daffodils on a beautiful hardanger mat.A great photo Gracie.Definitely going into Autumn here in N.Z. we turn our clocks back next week end:( how sad is that. On a happy note though, will do lots of knitting and stitching:)

Lesley said...

What a lovely idea and a pretty finish,I love the green you have used.

Rachel said...

Those are so cute! I've never seen that technique, it's very pretty.

Brigitte said...

These Irish pennies look gorgeous. Great job, Gracie.
Good to know that your blood pressure is somewhat down. Sounds better than last time.

blue star stitcher said...

I was so glad for the rain and cooler weather we are having. Our tomatoes are not doing so well, I think we planted them too late and might be lucky to see anything edible from them. We have had good luck in past years with a hybrid variety called the "Early Girl" here with the heat.

Leonore Winterer said...

Those pennies are lovely. I bet they are very lucky as well!

Julie said...

Your beautiful Irish pennies are certainly a pot of gold and gorgeous.