Friday, March 31, 2017

Angels...an egg and shopping

I started out to get my eye glass prescription filled  (wish they were not as pricy as they are). Between the new frames for regular and sunglasses and the lenses, well I may have to return to work soon. Of course going to Dillard's did not help the checkbook.
When We entered Dillard's from the mall entrance, we travelled through the jewelry department and these silver and turquoise earrings just caught me eye. Long and dangly  and now mine. Then we walked to the handbag department. After all they did send me an email with lovely bags.... I love leather bags with a nice design element. This has nice pockets in and out and a touch of turquoise on the end. Then Mr H found some great shoes and once I tried them on, well they had to come home with me. Of course we did stop by See's candy to get a pound of assorted chocolates.....all in all it was a lovely shopping day and we will not discuss the total $$$$$ spent. Today is only a doctor appointment for me to get the first injection for my knee. No shopping today for me, it will be back home to rest the knee and stitch. I finished the Easter egg...
this is what it looked like before adding the plastic egg....like a giant star fish! I lightly starched it and then ...
Voila! I can not wait to make a few more....I may tat in a different thread color. Remember the angel from last week...I decided to tat it in a larger thread....
I think I should have made her dress smaller, but it did turn out nice. So I will make another to see....the larger size makes a nice size as an ornament. Maybe even add beads along the bottom. If my week long headache goes away, I will work on these projects. Not sure what has caused this but I have taken everything I can and the headache subsides just for a while. This has not happened to me in some time. It may actually be allergies with all the wind we have been having and me sitting outside is probably not the smartest thing. Speaking of outside....
I was taking pictures of some of the flowers and found myself standing just a foot away from the nest and was able to capture this...look at that staring eye. She never even flinched. I think the eggs will hatch next week.  Dennis is hoping that they will not make another nest once these babies arrive. I think they are going to become life long residents.  They are really no problem; they do not bother me at all. As for the flowers, I love my pansy's...

this is a small clay rectangular pot that is loving sitting in the shade under the gazeebo where I sit. When I was a little girl a neighbor used to call them the painted ladies of the garden so that is still how I think of them. My chair is right next to them so I can keep my eye on them. Guess you have had enough pictures for one visit....and I am glad you did stop by. Thank you for the kind words and for your friendship. Have a wonderful day.
This is on the opposite side of the planter....

8 comments:

Kerryp77 said...

Gorgeous earrings and pretty pansy's. The egg is so clever.

Cindy's Stitching said...

love the egg. pansies are so pretty.

Joanie said...

Love your purchases, especially the turquois earrings! Enjoy your pansies, I love them too!

Vickie said...

Oh you did very well shopping Gracie! Hope the knee feels better. And your head!! Those pansies!! I love the pink best of all. ♥

Brigitte said...

I was wondering what you will be doing with the tatted stripes - now it's clear, and it looks so beautiful. Just as beautiful as the tatted angels.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great shopping, and beautiful tatting! That egg is really lovely, it looks so delicate!

Julie said...

Your egg looks so delightful. Love the little angels.
Nice goodies you bought. Hope the injection to the knee helped and you are pain free now.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I think you deserve a treat after all the medical appointments.
The tatted egg and angels look lovely. There are so many ways you could add bling to these with beads or metallic threads!