Saturday, February 4, 2017

Oops...knives and carrots

First, thank you for the birthday wishes yesterday. The day I dreaded. I know, it is just a number, but saying 70 is, well, I will get over it. It was a quiet day as Mr H was not feeling well. On Wednesday while I was attempting to cut carrot sticks to have with my lunch
The carrot rolled and this 8 inch dagger cut me! My thumb was useless for all of that day and really most of yesterday. I think it has finally stopped bleeding. Mostly because I keep it bandaged and not using it! So, needle in hand has been very limited. Blood on linen is not desirable. Never realized how many uses my left thumb has....
Work with Alice has been nil, but here is where I am. Almost ready for the next page. Forget any tatting, as my left hand would not talk to my right hand and they must be friends in order to tat. All around, the last few days have been filed away. Moving on....this is Super Bowl weekend so my TV will be on in at least 2 rooms...the watching room and the recording room! Yes, we can be fanatics with football. Plans are to stitch or tat or both. Who knows. Now that I may have a left thumb again, the needle shall fly! Of course there is a distraction...the weather. Temperatures in the low 70s (there is that number again) invite outdoor sitting and mind wandering. Actually the garden needs a freshening. Rather stitch! Well, as it is almost 4 AM and I have been up since 2 AM, it feels like maybe a rest on the sewing room daybed is in order. then again, I really could get a start on the laundry and my bread dough is almost ready to bake.......the daybed sounds about right. A short nap before the day is in full swing. Thank you for spending some time with me and for the kind words and friendship. Have a good day.

12 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Belated birthday wishes Grace. Hope your cut thumb heals very quickly - not much fun being limited by this.

Vickie said...

So sorry I missed your day. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRACIE! ♥
Your weather sounds perfect indeed! Much nicer than this frigid stuff!

Catsngrams said...

Just found your blog and I think it is wonderful. Happy late Birthday. I have just started blogging again and find it so relaxing. sorry about your thumb knives can be so dangerous. Have a good weekend.

Bea said...

I do hope you finish healing quickly, having a digit out of commission is very limiting. And another belated Happy Birthday! enjoy the came and your stitching!

Tiffstitch said...

Happy belated Birthday! I'm so sorry about your thumb injury, but I'm glad you're already well on the mend and looking forward to a day of stitching. :) Enjoy the game!

Daffycat said...

Lovely stitching but shame about the poor thumb! I can take a lot of pain but I'm the biggest baby you ever saw about hand & finger injuries ~ too hard to sew with!

Julie said...

Belated Birthday wishes to you Gracie.
A guy on the radio the other day was only saying that as people are living much longer, 70 is the new 50

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Ouch! I have to be very careful with which knife I use because I have a habit of cutting myself too!
Hope it heals quickly and you can get back to Alice.

Astrids dragon said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I'll be hitting a milestone this summer, and I say BRING IT ON!
I hope you've been stitching away by now, watch those fingers.

Brigitte said...

I hope your thumb haas completely healed by now. It's so annoying when you can't stitch or sew because of such a cut.

Brigitte said...

... and Happy Belated Birthday Wishes!

Chookyblue...... said...

I'm so far behind..... Happy 70 + 1/12......,may out be a wonderful year ahead.....