Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Feb roo airy

Well another month has passed....they just fly by. The weather here is lovely and it means I get to spend time outside. Ran errands this morning to the market and then CVS so my day is now mine. Yesterday I checked out one of the craft clubs here in our community....Tatting. I will visit them next Tuesday afternoon. The group had been cancelled and of course not knowing I showed up. Met a lovely lady however who explained what this needlework group does. We have 7 different centers in Sun City. Each has their own programs/clubs and activities.  We can attend any of them as a member (yearly fee) and most of them have a small yearly independent fee. You can be as active as you want here. Now that I am fully retired I plan to look into a few of the clubs. Work on Alice continues and I hope to have  a picture to share tomorrow. I have had a "lesson" in computer clean-up and organization form my friends Keith....he left me with homework which I finished! Now I feel more organized and hope not to loose files and will be able to find files quickly. It is so nice to open the sliders and listen to the quiet talk of the birds. Occasionally the Raven drops by to sound off. All in all it is just lovely today.  I think you will like one of my Fairies..

This lovely friend sits on the shelf in the sewing room watching all that I do.  Along side of her is another friend you can meet at another time. Actually there are a few more around the home and garden. For now, I think I should get back to stitching. Glad to chat with you. Thank you for your kind words and friendship. Have a wonderful day.

9 comments:

Cindy's Stitching said...

good luck with the clubs Gracie

Julie said...

She looks a very good fairy.

Bea said...

The clubs sound very interesting and what a great opportunity to meet like minded people.

Tiffstitch said...

Hope you enjoy the clubs!

Karyn said...

What a nice day, Gracie...and the Tatting club sounds wonderful. What a great city to have such a large number of groups and options within easy reach. I can't wait to see what you come up with, as I adore Tatting but have never tried it.
Your friend is so sweet and pretty, and looks like she would be the best companion to watch over all the lovelys, and I look forward to meeting her friend (besides you :)) in the future.
Enjoy the wonderful weather.
Hugs

Ann at Beadlework. said...

What a good idea to meet others and craft.

butterfly said...


gracie you sound like you are having a great day , and great news about the clubs.
I have run clubs for over 19 years now and some times I feel I want to stop , but then look at some of my ladies who love it and it is the only night out for some , so I carry on.
We do all sorts mostly stitching , but a few do card making .
They are a lovely group and love getting together some times no work just talking and having a laugh .
Enjoy your first week of Feburary hugs.

Brigitte said...

Oh, craft clubs with regular meeting. That's something I'd like to attend as well but there's nothing like that here in my region.
Great little fairy :)

Vicki said...

Good idea to join a club or two... you'll meet some great people with similar interests. Sounds like fun!