Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Enough with the rain

Two full days of rain this past weekend. Now do not get me wrong, we do need the rain here in the Valley of the Sun desert, but 2 days? Finally it was a mostly sunny day yesterday and my visit with JeanneG was sitting outside in her yard. Lovely!  Alice is ready for another page hopefully today. I really need to get back to her. If only........
I did not look through the Handy Hands catalog last week .... these arrived this weekend and the colors are popping. Guess more tatting in in the days ahead. I re-did the Irish Penny for Maryann...
I felt the thread seemed to light weight for such a heavy coin and this suited it better. Hope she likes it when I see her on Thursday. I also made another Ice Drop, this one with a heart border...
Not perfect, but the next one will be better. Tricky with the hearts. I think I will make one in solid color. The gals who create these designs are driving us crazy, we want to make them all and probably will. Tomorrow is my EGA demonstrate tatting day. I have organized myself several times and still feel like I will forget something. My thought is to take too much and that way I will be sure to have all that I need to demonstrate. Hopefully someone will be able to have a good experience from this. Tatting is not that easy to learn but once you do it is enjoyable. Always room to learn more. It is just about time for me to have a cup of coffee and maybe some Eggo waffles...with honey and butter. Happy to have you stop by. Thank you for the kind words and your friendship which always make my day. Have a wonderful day.  ☕

9 comments:

Vickie said...

I would say this look for the Irish Penny is perfect!!
Your new Ice Drop certainly does look tricky!! Wow!

Shelly said...

You sure have a talent for tatting! The Irish Penny and newest Ice Drop are gorgeous. The weather has been wonky, I agree. We didn't get no snow, just the mountain tops, but Saturday it rained the entire day. At least the desert wild flowers will be beautiful. Have a nice Tuesday!

butterfly said...

Lovely tatting love the irsh one.
Sorry about the weather , were you any where near the bad weather last week, i did wonder.

Tifflib said...

Two days of rain....ha!!!!! In Wales that's the Summer!

Tiffstitch said...

Your tatting is gorgeous as usual. 2 days of rain, wow, that's surprising for your area.

Brigitte said...

I always love to see what you are tatting. You are so talented.
Good luck with your demonstration of tatting today.

Leonore Winterer said...

I came here after Jo's Valentine's blog hop to look for more gorgeous tatting, and I was not disappointed! Lovely work.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

More lovely tatting. The colours you have chosen are great too.

Julie said...

Hope the class goes well, enjoy passing on your amazing skills.