Friday, February 17, 2017

Shuttle-ing along

I have been busy with my shuttles
Maryann from the Thursday morning group asked me to make her Irish coin into a lucky penny....just had to add some rings to fit it's 1 inch size. It is quite heavy. Hope she likes how it looks.  I have been working my way through Tatting with Rings by Jon Yusoff. Love this book
This is the second time for this motif and I have made 2 others. Love her designs and I plan to order her other book soon. I already have the next one in mind. Poor Alice, she has been neglected but only because it has been so nice that I have taken my tatting outside and she is not able to join me....I have it set up for working in the sewing room with the magnifier. Last week while visiting with Carol who is also Lelia of Stitches of Life, I complimented her on
these adorable tiny knitted pieces in a clear ornament ball. She sent me not one, but two! I had the plastic ornaments. Love them! Carol is a magnificent tatter as well as a knitter. Be sure to pop over and visit if you have not already met her. We bloggers are the best friends. I can't wait to knit up my own with the adorable "needles" she sent to me.  Can you take one more picture? This is how my tomato is doing, great don't you think.
Front and center is getting ready to ripen into a lovely red with a couple more to follow. The Dove couple are doing well taking turns with the nest. No signs that the 2 eggs have hatched yet. The hummingbird has been buzzing me as I sit outside hovering low appears to be looking for nesting material. I toss my cut threads into the air and lay them in the plants for the birds to pick. Last year the House sparrows used many of my colorful threads in their nest. No signs of them coming around nesting....yet. Of course the potted plant is no longer where it was last year...they killed it, well, it did not survive not having water while they lived in it for 2 nests. Maybe we can put a fake plant up on the shelf in case they want to return. Guess that about covers what I have been up to. Glad to have you stop by and thank you for the kind words and your friendship. Hope you have a great day.

4 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh my goodness Gracie. Your tatting is so amazing! What cute, adorable gifts those ornaments are! Lovely tomatoes growing.

Lelia said...

Beautiful tatting - thx for the shout out!

butterfly said...

Lovely tatting, and wow tomatoes already , can't wait to get my ones growing.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Gorgeous tatting once again. The knitting ornies are so cute too.