Friday, February 24, 2017

An evening post

This is a bit different, posting in the early evening. Once in awhile I have to live dangerously....take a chance and throw caution to the wind. Let me tell you it is a little windy out here tonight. First How about a mail delivery...
This was gifted to me by Stephanie from Blue Star Stitcher who just finished stitching this. I am waiting to see how she finishes hers. Isn't it wonderful!  I think I  will finish mine as a pillow. Just so much hanging space.Stephanie lives right here in Arizona. Then this arrived
Since I can not wait, I already started one. I do not size 40 tatting thread, so I am trying size 30. I also have pearl cotton size 12 which may be very close to the 40. No matter, I am anxious to make this. I do enjoy my tatting. So, knowing I will be making this or that, my fingers did some on-line shopping.....
these new colors also arrived.  I have enough to keep me busy for a while. One day I may even try a doily...or not. Time will tell.  Today my friend Glenda and attended a local church fashion show and luncheon. It was not, how shall I say this;  okay, we both will not be attending next years production. Someone needs to organize them a little better. Not a total loss, out with a friend is nice no matter where you go or do.  Have you noticed the date? February has come and is almost gone. I know, you are saying well it is a short month....but it just has passed quickly for me. Actually lots of days/weeks/months seem to be flying by.  Right now, I need a cup of coffee and to put my feet up. It was nice having time to chat with you. Thank you for your kind words and thank you for your friendship. Have a good evening/day tomorrow.  💞

5 comments:

Vickie said...

Yes, I saw Stephanie's Alice finish. It is so neat! You will have fun with that. Your new thread colors are pretty.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a lovely surprise gift, it's a really nice design.

Sorry your day out wasn't the best. Hopefully you managed to find something to laugh about between you?

Leonore Winterer said...

That's a lovely chart, Jardin Privé has a lot of awesome stuff. And yay for more tatting, I like to see that!
I agree on the time flying by thing...how on earth is it almost March already?

Julie said...

Pretty new colours for you to play with.
Love the Alice chart, what a nice gift.

Brigitte said...

A great new chart for you from Stephanie. And such lovely new colours for your tatting. I can't wait to see them in a project.