Thursday, March 2, 2017

What happened ?

I looked up and it is Thursday! My last post was last Friday, what happened? the weekend was quiet. I know we had an appointment on Monday for Mr H and then had to go right to the lab for blood work, Tuesday I went to the afternoon tatting group and here it is Thursday and I hope to go to the Thursday needlework group this morning. I have not spent anytime with poor Alice! I have been tatting from the new book....
This broach  is not complete because I am not sure of how I want to finish it. I think I will make different flowers for it (they are temporarily on it) and it is not backed properly yet. It is shown as just with the clear glass...

in the book. I did not have the size 40 thread so I tatted in size 30 so it is a little loose. Once it is glued into the pin frame it would be okay. I have ordered the right size thread and while I was at it, a book for tatted flowers of course. I did some tatting on a Lucky Penny while waiting for Mr H at the lab and gave impromptu tatting demonstrations to 3 different ladies! Thursday morning group is when I work on Affirmation Words project....almost finished stitching Kind. It is a good project to work on so interruptions do not hinder the stitching. Still figuring how I want to proceed with the banner hanger. I may have figured it out....more later if I do. The rainy days seemed to have passed and Mr H and I enjoyed sitting on the lanai yesterday. We are into Spring here in Arizona and it is lovely. The baby doves must have hatched (we have not tried to peek into the nest) because the parents are sitting higher and fussing about all the time. One of these mornings they will just fly away. Plants are all doing well...tomatoes are just getting that yellow tone and the herbs are doing well. Just finished my first cup of coffee and had a trail mix bar. I keep a tote bag at the ready for Thursday group so that I am not last minute gathering supplies. I must get a laundry done so off I go. Glad you stopped by today. Thank you for the kind words and most of all your friendship.

7 comments:

Annie said...

That is so gorgeous! I never got the hang of tatting, but I love looking at these beautiful, delicate pieces!

Vickie said...

What an awesome broach!

butterfly said...

Wow gracie your broach is beautiful , you are so clever.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Beautiful work Grace. I do envy you the fact that you're into Spring already. It's been frosty here every morning this week - scraping car windows!!

Julie said...

Gorgeous brooch you are creating.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I mentioned your tatting in my Alphabet Club post today! This is a very sweet piece.

Leonore Winterer said...

What a cute brooch! I envy you a little for the spring weather. It's still pretty much wet and cold and winter-y where I live.