Thursday, February 23, 2017

Butterflies and Picots

Yesterday's tatting demonstration was a bit difficult...so many of the gals wanted to learn that it was nearly impossible to really help and explain to all of them. I hope those few who did manage to make a ring will continue and those who di not grasp it will continue to try. Like with all crafts practice is what will help achieve the goal. So, with that, I decided to try to make double and triple picots.
I tried last night before going to bed with little to no success. When that happens, put it down and return later. This is what I accomplished this morning. Not bad. They are tricky but with more practice I believe I will be able to incorporate them into my tatting. Yesterday morning I decided to try to tat bugle beads into butterflies. I love making fabrix and paper origami butterflies so ...
Love these little critters. They require some fiddling,  but doable and with practice they will be better. Perfect for using up those last bits on the shuttle.
They are tiny, about 3/4 inch but oh so cute. I see more of these coming off the shuttles. This morning Sue and I will be joining the ladies at the needlework group and I will continue to work on Words of Affirmation. Today will be Kind, (#3.) Still working on what I will use to hang the banner. Dear friend gave me some fresh picked Arizona lemons ...
Delicious, especially that they are so fresh. I think I would love to have one in our yard in a large pot. Finished my first cup of coffee and my favorite bowl of cereal, Cheerios and I think I need another coffee. Hard to wake up today....slept until 4 AM which is nice for a change. So, with that I will wish you a good day. Thank you for visiting and leaving kind words. Thank you most of all for your friendship.  🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

3 comments:

geeky Heather said...

Wow, double and triple picots! I have never tried those. I think you're coming along great.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Those picots look very fiddly but very pretty too.

Julie said...

Lovely tatting, you are so talented.