Sunday, January 8, 2017

Love the mail

It seems like I never went to bed...I have been awake since 1 am or so which means I only got a few hours sleep. Not that this is very unusual, but of late I have been sleeping until at least 3 AM which is not much, but better. I just may need a nap while Mr H watches football play-offs later today. Alice kept me company for a little time but not enough to take a picture and brag. Friday the mail delivery cheered me up...

Remember the Manger Herbs and Betsy Williams? This is a book I that someone mentioned someplace in a blog or Facebook and I thought I would like to have it so on my "to get list" it went. Then you know how lists are, they are made and filed away. In my case a note on the computer desk in the box in the corner...
It is a simple repurposed container that hold notes, quotes and other pieces of paper tucked over to the side of the monitor and guarded by Mouse. Anyway, after visiting Betsy's website I realized she was the author of this book. Well I ordered it and glad I did. It is a pleasant read....
Did you know that Fairies like to make their homes under a Rosemary bush? I knew there was a reason why my Rosemary bush is large and healthy....did you know there is a recipe for Fairy Cakes? Anyway, this is now one of my "special" books ( I do have a few). Betsy, I can call her by her first name is a new friend who I am happy to know, wrote a special message for me inside
How sweet is that! Betsy Williams can be found on Facebook at Betsy Williams/The Proper Season. She is the author of several books, a lecturer and holds classes and workshops. If you have visited me here enough you know I believe in Fairies and have them hiding around me all the time. My goal in this new year is make them more comfortable in my garden and home! If you have some time, visit Betsy FB page. I should report to you that one of the fraudulent charges has been returned to me....now for the other 2 and then I will be truly happy. I appreciate the good thoughts and emails from you wishing just that.  With that, I will say how happy I am that you take time to visit and thank you for your kind words and most of all for your friendship. You make me feel special in my corner of our great big world.

9 comments:

Julie said...

What a lovely book, how nice to have a special inscription inside.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I love to find out about different authors and to see what other stitchers are reading. I'm glad you're making headway with the bank.

diamondc said...

Hi Gracie: I love finding out about what others are reading, I have always believed in Fairies.
I will look her up on Facebook, nice that she wrote a little tribute to you in your purchase.
I sure hope that you get all that mess cleared up having anything comprised is horrible.

Blessings
Catherine

diamondc said...

So Sorry I meant to write compromised, a little fast on the typing and no auto correct turned on.

Blessings
Catherine

Bea said...

Lovely book made even more special with the inscription.

I'm glad to hear progress is being made on the phoney charges, but it always takes so much more time to fix it than for it to happen.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

How lovely to read about the positive side of the Internet, none of us would even know each other without it!
I was discussing writing letters with a customer today and I said I'd only written 30 last year out of my goal of 52. She asked who I wrote to and I said "people I've met through the Internet" which she thought was quite amusing.

ce8d632a-647c-11e3-94d3-000bcdcb2996 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brigitte said...

So great that you can enjoy your new book now. And good to read that you have already received a part of your money back that was stolen from you. Let's hope that the rest will be back soon.

Astrids dragon said...

What an sweet book! And knowing the author makes it even more special.
BTW, we have the same mouse, it was one of my boys favourite stuffed animal as a baby!