Wednesday, January 11, 2017

A bit of this and tat

What a lovely day yesterday.  Always is when you get to sit with a few friends and stitch. I have one of my KISS ( keep it simple stitching) projects that does not require too much thinking so I can chat. A short time after I arrived home, a telephone call from the restaurant that I email my concerns re: my debit card being compromised. The words I used in my email were may have been compromised but this corporate person choses to start the conversation , "I am calling in response to your email that we are corrupt!" I flew with that one. Never once asked for the staff person name on my receipt or the transaction number. I think he now knows who he was talking with and  I did set him straight. So I steamed for about an hour later then figured, it is what it is. We are still waiting for one transaction to clear. But let me tell you about the earlier part of the morning. I went to the bank to cash a check and asked Katrina if she had any new pennies. Especially since they will no longer be made as of this year. This sweet gal explained that they really do not have uncirculated coins and that the wrapped pennies are in paper but she would try to look. After opening 4 rolls we determined that there were quite a few shiny pennies for my Lucky Penny projects...
 This is the same pattern for the Sun Catcher without the final row. Once I get my ducks pennies in order I will show you what I am planning. Then I blocked the Star piece...
I did not like it before but think it is okay now. Did I mention that I enjoy tatting? Oh, I think I have. I really want to finish my Sun Catcher piece so I will plan to get to Hobby Lobby today. I also need more size 20 thread in a few colors. It is still dark outside...but all is quiet, well that is not true. The washer is doing its thing so a bit of back round noise there. I am taking a Me Day, but let's not mention this to Mr H...he will give you one of those looks...he thinks I have lots of Me Days, and I really do. I just want to stitch and tat today. Gee, that is how I feel everyday!
I have started to look for my Fairies...and found this one!
 She sits in one of my kitchen plants....wait till you see that I do have Fairies....I will introduce them to you here and there. I am sure there has to be a few in the garden....so far I only have seen lizards and hummingbirds. I think the washer has stopped so I must give it some attention. Such a pleasure to have you chat with me. Thank you for your kind words and your friendship. Hope you have a marvelous day.

5 comments:

diamondc said...

Gracie: I am so sad you are going through this mess.
I hope all gets cleared up soon.
I like the tatting you are doing, putting a penny in the center is a wonderful idea.
Love your Fairy so sweet.
I am having a me day myself, it is sunny and warm in Mexico and cold and snowy in Minnesota, 5 inch's snow yesterday 3 inch's today ick.

Blessings
Catherine

Tiffstitch said...

Beautiful tatting and your fairy is so sweet!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Do you think the manager already has a suspect in their staff if they didn't ask who it was? Maybe you are not the only person?
The tatting is looking lovely, why are pennies not being made any more? We phased out the halfpenny over 30 years ago so I guess pennies will go the same way. But will they reprice everything to 9.98 or 9.95 do you think?

Jerry E Beuterbaugh said...

I hope you and yours had a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and are having a very HAPPY NEW YEAR. May we display your header on our new site directory? As it is now, the site title (linked back to its home page) is listed, and we think displaying the header will attract more attention. In any event, we hope you will come by and see what is going on at SiteHoundSniffs.com.

Julie said...

Such special tatted gifts if the pennies are to go out of circulation.