Tuesday, August 23, 2016

The week in review

Oh my goodness...the entire week has passed me by. Let me think; Mr H had physical therapy on Wednesday, not sure about Thursday and Friday or Saturday and Sunday, Mr H had physical therapy on Monday.....oh dear, do I have a problem!? Not really. The days have been uneventful but I did run errands and stitch and finish. I also found a way to keep my work clean while stitching.
I am using both ends of my Morgan hoop set. The 7 inch side is for my cross stitch angel and the needle punch is on the 10 inch end. I really am glad I bought this hoop set. So, I thought how can I keep it all clean. First on the 10 in side I have a clear plastic shower cap and on the 7 inch side a clear plastic bowl cover. Pretty good!

I started the angel over and changed the colors a little. I can remember a time when I would never have  changed colors...I have come a long way. Since I am not using the listed threads the suggested DMC were not entirely to my liking. I am pleased with my choice now. I also worked on my winter couple...
I am liking this also. I decided to use one thread (strand count) and feel it is looking quite nice. I even made the pom pom on his hat with longer loops...who knew I could! Adding some texture which I learned from Lori of Not Forgotten Farm fame. I find myself becoming very brave lately. I also made a stump work bee on a box...

Mr H painted the box for me. The bee is the same as the kit I have, almost. I lined the box with that fabulous bee print I found and tucked in a small bee inside. I do enjoy the process of stump work. I wanted to practice the bee before making it on the silk dupioni and using the pearl purl gold piece. I added some painted spots to the muslin back round and voila! a bee on a box. We had some rain which is cause for celebration but I think that is why I have a headache this morning. We seem to be getting a little each day which is good. Now, if the temps would just start to get cooler I would be so happy. I guess that is about it. I know this was a lot of pictures.... but it has been a week.....So happy you visited today. Thank you for your friendship and kind words. Have a great day.

7 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The days do blend into one when you aren't working or even when you work part-time! I did Sunday and Monday this week so I have no idea what day it is today.
Lovely stumpwork, the bee is amazing!

Tiffstitch said...

You've been very busy! Excellent work on the bee, congrats on conquering stumpwork. Your colour choices are nice on the xstitch and Winter couple too.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Your punch project is looking great! Don't you love the Valdani floss? The angel is going to be really pretty and that bee box is awesome!

Bea said...

Sounds like you knew what was happening when it mattered, so don't worry about the rest. That bee is very impressive - well done! The changes you made are making the winter couple a lovely piece.

butterfly said...


Love all your stitching gracie and the bee box is wonderful.
Hope it cools down for you soon hugs.

Vickie said...

The colors for your angel look great to me! :D
The wintry Dennis and Gracie look really good so far Gracie.
How fantastic is your stump work! So glad bees are not that big in real life!!

diamondc said...

Hi Gracie: I am glad Mr. H is doing well at physical therapy, love the idea for the plastic covers.
The Bee box is adorable, Stump Work has always fascinated me. I really like punch needle I think years ago they called it Russian Punch Needle Embroidery, used to do some but need to get back to it, too many irons in the fire now to pick up a hoop and punch tool.


Blessings
Catherine