Thursday, August 25, 2016

A Birthday wish for The Brother Alan

Today is my brother Alan's 58th birthday. Hard to believe how time flies. The above collage is from my many pictures of him....Skydiving, college graduation form Salve Regina College in Newport Rhode Island, a first grade picture, riding his bicycle and a very snowy Rhode Island winter. I love this man dearly. He has been a big brother at times when I needed one even though we are 11 years apart. Oh how I remember that day when I found out I was going to be a big sister again...no was my thought. Why at almost eleven would I welcome a baby in the house....that is until he arrived and held my finger in his hand. To this day the title of "Just One Look" is my song for him because that is all it took....just one look at the chubby bundle in the crib. His visits with Dennis and me every year mean times of laughs and fun. Last year he and Lisa came out to celebrate my 69th birthday...what a treat. We went horseback riding
and what a good ride we had....he is already planning a ride for this year....a 4 hour ride... I will be home waiting with the heating pad for his rump! We enjoyed an afternoon with lunch at Arriba
Look at the size of this Margarita...it was delish as was the lunch. We went to the art museum  and did so many other fun things. Mostly we got a chance to sit and chat. I am so proud of the man he is. I am so happy he is my brother and my best friend. I hope you don't mind this posting is about him and not my stitching....but today it is all about him...The Brother Alan.
Happy Birthday my dear loving brother. Can't wait until you are here with us again.

6 comments:

Bea said...

What a lovely tribute! He sounds very special.

Alan said...

I am honored. Thank You

Shelly said...

How nice, Gracie! I'm 6 and 8 years older than my brothers and know how it is to be the big sister. Happy Birthday, Brother Alan!

KimM said...

What a lovely, heartfelt post, Grace. It brought a lump to my throat....he obviously is a special man.
xxx

Vickie said...

I am 12 years older than my "baby" brother. I know where you are coming from Gracie. Happy Birthday Alan!! :D

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Happy Birthday to Brother Alan! Hope he has a great day and shares his cake with his sister, like all good brothers should do. If not today, then next you meet up!