Friday, May 6, 2016

Sparklies

I thought I was at the end of my shawl knitting, but not so. I think it needs to be longer. I really like my shawl to wrap me. So onward with that at the moment. Woke yesterday with a headache and upset stomach so I did nothing....absolutely nothing and today I am fine. On Wednesday I visited a bead shop which just opened on our side of town. I signed up for a class (on the 19th) but purchased my supplies...
oh so pretty...I will keep it mum for now. It will be my first attempt at this type of beading project and I only hope I can do it. Stay tuned for the finish! I also pulled out my project for punch needle and as before have left it again. I do not feel confident to try this...and I really do not know why. I know that I can do it, but keep hesitating. Our temps reached the first triple digit for the season at 101 Wednesday...and today we may have a rain storm...and the temps will be cooler. Winds are already kicking up. No wonder I had a headache! I feel bad for the Doves in the nest...trying to stay cool one day and the need to warm up the next. They are growing quickly and probably will soon be off. It seems like we have had a bunny explosion around here...so many young ones hopping about.
they are so darn cute. Everyday they gather in the courtyard to find munchies. Unfortunately the coyotes also know they are plentiful, so the circle is set. For now, they seem safe. Today is a special birthday...my sweet friend JeanneG is 90 years old. An independent lady who still lives on her own and still drives and volunteers at our library. She is always pleasant and smiling and so delightful to be with. Jeanne works on quilting and cross stitch and even has done some needlepoint. We try to get together at least once a week to stitch which usually becomes a chat session. I am so very lucky to have her for a friend. I will have to get an updated picture of her.  My laundry is already done, but I have not yet watered the garden and checked in with the Dove nest. I guess I should do that now....so glad we chatted today. Thank you for your friendship and kind words. Have a great day.

9 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

I hope you feel better soon, although if it's anything like what I get, it won't be until the storm breaks. Good luck with your beading project and we have bunnies in the morning too. :)

Vickie said...

Unfortunately the coyotes have done away with a LOT of our bunnies around here. I look forward to a future picture of your friend Jeanne.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Interesting selection of beads, a pair of earrings maybe?
Sweet little bunnies, the Prince with a Thousand Enemies! Have you read Watership Down?

Bea said...

The bunnies are really cute!

Looking forward to what those beads become.

Jeanne sounds like a terrific lady.

Kaisievic said...

Can't wait to see your new beading project, Gracie.

KimM said...

Hmmmm....a beading project....you've tweaked my interest....I think bunnies are cute, but they play havoc in our garden. Last year, we didn't have one snap pea....but the rabbits were fat and happy - HA!
Hugs
Kim

Anthea said...

The bunnies do look cute Gracie, but aren't they a pest? We have doves, they seem to make their nests so frail, just a few sticks held together with some poo... amazing they stay together!

Angela said...

I look forward to seeing what you make with the beads and the bunnies are so cute.

Julie said...

Nice selection of beads for your new beaded class project.
Bunnies are always cute to see, fingers crossed Mr Coyote finds other prey to satisfy him.