Monday, May 9, 2016

Gone...maybe...

This has been a busy few days...but I can not honestly pin point what. I can tell you that the Dove Family has moved out...I think.
On Friday, Mr H said "they left the nest" but we then found them back in the nest that evening?! Then this kid spent the day on Saturday sitting on the gazebo shelf the other was not to be seen.... until later when Mr Dove showed up to feed them. We felt bad because later on Saturday we had strong winds and heavy rains.  Speaking of the rain....every time we have a thunder and lightening storm, Mr H finds it necessary to go outside to check it out. Now I love the lightening storms as they are spectacular here in Arizona, but I like them from inside the house! (I posted a short video clip on my FB page.) So today I do not find any sign of the Doves..... yet that is. The sun is shining brightly today and I am hoping for no more rain at least not for a while. Oh I know we need it but every plant is about to float away.  I decided to try to do a Punchneedle project...but for the life of me I can not get it. Before you tell me to check out videos, I did; several of them. They were excellent but my needle and me are just not connecting. I sent out a help email to someone I know and she said she will meet with me...so for now I will leave it in the box and relax about it. I think today my shawl, or as Mr H calls it my blanket should be finished. Tomorrow is the next release for the Snowflower Diaries Monthly project...a sneak peek shows bees...looking forward to it. I have only had one cup of coffee....so I think another is about due. Thank you for stopping by and for your friendship and kind words..... have a wonderful day.

8 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

I hope all is well with the dove family and I like to enjoy thunderstorms from a covered porch :)

Heather S said...

Love your little dove family. They are probably alright. I love watching storms also, but from the security of under cover.

KimM said...

Hope your little dove family survived the inclement weather....and you get the hand of punch needle. I did two punch needle designs, but didn't like it much. They turned out ok....but the process didn't grab me.
Hugs
xxx

Julie said...

I hope your dove family are soaring the skies and nothing untoward has happened to them.

Vickie said...

I still have yet to try out my punchneedle. Now is still not the right time. I will get there.
Your dove family loves it with you two. Safe and happy.♥

Jocelyn Thurston said...

Love following your little bird family. I have lots of mourning doves here too. A robin has built a nest in daughters barbeque on top of the propane tank...a possibly explosive spot. They won't use it till she is finished but it is a trifle inconvenient. Meanwhile good luck with your punchneedle project...so like me too to take a while to learn.

butterfly said...

I hope your dove family are ok , we had a little dove land on our green house today , I just wonder ! no they can't fly that far or could they ?
Have a lovely week hugs .

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I have never tried punchneedle. In fact I'd never heard of it until last year, it's not a "thing" here!
Why do some people have to go outside when it storms? LOL Stay in the dry!