Friday, May 13, 2016

Nothing is being accomplished!

Seems like my get up got up and took a vacation. Yesterday I did almost nothing, and for me that is big news.
My stitching chair...could be I am stretching myself with all these "working" projects. If I just put my mind to it, the shawl could be finished today....if I just put aside the crochet trim for now (do not need it at the moment for any project) and then begin to stitch on June from the SAL....Just maybe it is the changing temperatures...today might be 104 yesterday was 101....making me lazy. Lots of iced water for me. If I would stop paying attention to the nature round me. As I type, the Raven is out in the yard screeching...
he sure makes lots of noise. And yes, Mrs Dove is rebuilding her nest. They were both here this morning for a short time. Even the fish are acting up with water dancing...they are splashing about probably laying eggs again. But not to worry, there will be no more fish growing in the small pond. Just too many distractions and my mind is wandering elsewhere. On Wednesday, the surgeon scheduled Mr H for spine surgery for June 3rd. Going to insert an titanium piece in his spine. Hopefully he will get relief from this and be able to walk comfortably. It is suppose to be a simple procedure with just an overnight stay...I still worry.
Oh and another distraction...I strung these into a bracelet. The top side is with the silver beads (left side of picture) and the bottom is on the right....not happy with it. I picked up the beads when I bought the others for the class. I think I will take it apart and rethink it..but not today. I really should get back to my chair and put myself in time out so I will get something accomplished today.....thank you for visiting with me today and for your friendship and kind words....have a good day.

8 comments:

Bea said...

Sometimes we just need down days. I'm not sure why we all feel we need to fill every waking moment with busy-ness, so just relax and take enjoy it. You'll get back to all your projects. And best wishes to Mr H for his surgery.

Vickie said...

Um, I do not envy you with that raven there!

Tiffstitch said...

Take a break and relax. Lots going on from the sound of things. :)

KimM said...

Sometimes one just needs some time to recharge your creative juices. Relax, recharge and your creative mojo will return.
xxx

Vicki said...

Having a down day can be good once in a while. Sound like you were recharging your batteries by pausing to enjoy the beauty and wonder around you!

Angela said...

We all have those days. Take care.

shirley flavell said...

Nothing wrong with a quiet day. I think your body tells you and you just do it without planning it.All your goodies will be there tomorrow or the next day waiting for you. Best wishes for your husband.My daughter has had a similar surgery. She's good, she just repects whats been done and looks after it.Have a good week end.

Julie said...

There are lots of things to occupy your mind at the moment especially with the upcoming surgery... take time to rest and the rest will come when ready {{hugs}} xx