Wednesday, May 11, 2016

A little crocheting

I had seen this on Facebook and thought to give it a try...
It is from the site http://design-peak.com/crochet-mini-flower-string/ posted by Patricia Mae Anthony in English as the original is not. The sample on the left is using Aunt Lydia Classic 10 and hook size 6 and the right is DMC Cebelia 30 and hook size 12. These Boye hooks I have had since childhood when I learned to crochet around hankies and the cost (stamped on the back of the hook) was 10 cents! There are so many possibilities for using this trim. By the way, the Doves are finally gone....although we have seen a couple of younger ones in/out of the yard. A friend of mine is going to assist me with my Punch needle attempts next week....yeah! I am determined to learn this. I mean really, it is not like I have nothing else to do. Today I will start the June piece from the Snowflower Diaries SAL....a bear with bees. I know I said that the shawl was going to be finished...just a bit more to go. Mr H still thinks I am making a blanket! I had planned to do some sewing to complete a couple of projects last evening, but when I put out the recycling, a box slipped from my grasp and you guessed it, a nifty cut on my left thumb. Lots of anti-biotic cream and Band-Aids and it is much better today. Just a minute there seems to be lots of chatting in the yard. I can not believe my eyes...there is another Cove moving into the same planter as the last nest! Mr H is not going to like this on bit. I must go and check out what is going on...glad you stopped by. Thank you for your friendship and kind words...have a good day.

8 comments:

Julie said...

That does look very delicate and pretty.
Hope your sore finger heals quickly.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your little flowers look lovely. How will you use them?

Nice to hear that you have more neighbours, they must love the area!

shirley flavell said...

You're always so busy Gracie. Isn't it wonderful to pick and choose what you are going to do today. I guess the Doves know you will feed them and they have come back to say hello and have some food:-)

butterfly said...


Love your beautiful flowers .
You always have beautiful things going on , hugs.

Vickie said...

Very pretty! What an inviting yard you two have. :D
I am searching and searching the stash for the right linen for the June SAL so I can begin!!

Shelly said...

Exciting times out there on the lanai! Haha. The new craft looks pretty. I've wanted to learn punchnedle myself so I'll be watching how you do!

Annet said...

Such cute flowers!

Angela said...

This looks lovely :)