Friday, May 20, 2016

Sparkles

Yesterday I took all those beads that I post about back on May 6th and this is what I came home with after the class
I love it and finally know how to encase a bead/stone. I now need to decide how I want to finish it as a necklace.....what to use for the hanging. I can not wait to make another. Bead shops have come and gone in  our area and I do hope this one is around for a long time. The owner/teacher Zina is a lovely gal with patience and knowledge. This morning I will heading out to visit with a friend, Lil who will attempt to show me how to do Punch Needle. One can only hope! I guess I should offer an update on the Dove nest. They were here for days sometimes adding twigs to the nest and now they seem to have moved out. But our Ficus tree "sounds" like there are a few homes among the branches. Yesterday the Mocking bird made it clear that I was not to enter...I had no intention of climbing a tree....can you just see me, a 69 year old with a bad knee and hand climbing for a look see?! The Raven was back moseying about the pond area yesterday loud as ever and the Woodpecker is still stopping by for a sip at the Hummingbird feeder.  Definitely a busy yard. Today, just as yesterday is starting out very cloudy...but yesterday the sun finally decided to grace us and with it the temps rose into the 90's. Forecast of strong afternoon winds today...time to check and wind proof the yard. right now however it is the laundry that needs attention. Thank you for stopping by today...and thank you for your friendship and kind words. Have a wonderful day.

6 comments:

Vickie said...

Very pretty Gracie. You have me smiling at the thought of you climbing. ;)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Beautiful pendant, it is easily as nice as anything you could buy, better than many!
Sounds like your garden is very busy. We've just had a big seagull land in our's!

shirley flavell said...

Oh I love your beading, it will look lovely when you put it on a chain/hanging. A lovely design.Caught up with a previous post of yours and saw your wonderful shawl, it's beautiful. Have a great week end.

Tiffstitch said...

Fantastic beading and good luck with punchneedle! Definitely a busy yard.

Bea said...

That is a lovely pendant - well done! Your yard does sound busy, and obviously welcoming.

Julie said...

A wonderful pendant you created, its beautiful