Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Valley of the Sun...not today

Storm warnings fro last evening that did not happen but this is today...and a bit cooler at 71 degrees. I do not mind...it has been hot so a nice break. Mr H and I had our PCP visit yesterday....his BP is a bit low and mine is a bit high...so I will be having lab work. HIs pre-surgical labs came back okay so that is good. I would make this a pajama day except I need to pick up a few prescriptions.
Even without the sunshine this quartet of pots brightens up the spot. Marigolds and Zinnias....there are lovely blooms inside as well...
The Cyclamen is so velvety pretty this morning. I have made a start on June....
It seems to be going slow...but it is me going slow with my mind causing distractions....it is all over the place! I have yet to get into the sewing room and do some finishes. And now that I am here at the computer, I am reminded of so many notes here on the desk...some for crafting some for appointments and some I have no clue. I need to write a note following what I write to explain what I wrote.....neverthemind. Well, I guess it is time to remove the towels from the dryer and get back to my stitching chair and ... oh I hear the sweet sound of the hummingbird in the yard.....yet another distraction! So happy to have you visit today. Thank you for your friendship and kind words, have a great day without too many distractions!

7 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

Lovely work and it must be the weather causing all the distractions. :)

Aurelia Eglantine said...

I know what you mean about needing notes to remind you to read the notes you already have LOL! The worst part is that I write To Do lists and end up forgetting to take them with me when I need them :) Or I look at the list later and cannot fathom why I put those things on it in the first place and forgot to put something else on it instead!

I think Spring is a distracting season anyway, since there's always so much happening at once :) And the sunshine and longer days means you look outside constantly and want to be doing something outdoors instead of whatever you're doing inside. Your flowers are beautiful, marigolds are so cheerful! Nice start on June too :)

Vickie said...

Sounds like things are getting all set up for the surgery. I am glad you are able to enjoy a bit of cool weather. And hummers!

KimM said...

Grace, the Distraction Elf must be traveling around. I've been swatting at him (of course, it's a 'Him') for the last few days, too. Hang in there....I'm determined to squash the little bugger....he's annoying 😄
xxx

Julie said...

Birds are distracting me, they are on the feeders and a joy to watch although I soon realise I have been sitting for an hour and not done anything .... Enjoy your day dear Gracie x

butterfly said...

We are having a few dull days too.
Lovely row of potted plants.
Nice start on your needlework.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice start on June. Your mind really is being a butterfly for the Spring!