Saturday, May 21, 2016

I think I got it!

Just in from watering the potted plants....beautiful morning; sun shining, birds singing and gentle sounds from the wind chimes. I visited with my friend Lil yesterday morning...she is amazing because she helped me and gave me confidence to ....
thread my needle correctly, hold the needle and practice punching. This is one of a few kits she gifted me and seeing that it seems less, I decided to start with this. Now, try not to look too closely as my start was a bit shaky but I improved as I kept at it. For those of you who already do this, many times the outline is done first. This pattern states to do the large open areas first and I am not about to go against the directions....at least not this time. Also, this piece is not outlined.
Here is the front side....looking good if I say so myself. I think know that I must keep my fabric taut. I am using what I thought is a hoop that will keep it tight, but I think it would if I did not cause it to loosen up. I may wrap the ring to see if it helps. The screw is as tight as it will be. Practice at keeping it taut will be a key in my success. Lil as I mentioned gifted me with a couple more patterns and a needle to use with lightweight yarns and some needle threaders. I spent just over an hour with her and here I started this by myself this morning. So, another I wish I knew how crossed off my list! I must get on with doing a few finishes in the sewing room this weekend....I must, I will, I hope so. So glad you visited today...thank your for your friendship and kind words. Have a great day.

8 comments:

Annette-California said...

WOW your doing punch needle now - looks beautiful! Great job Gracie!
love Annette

Ele said...

Punch needle! well done on you: I never managed to learn it!!!
you are doing beautifully
hugs

Vickie said...

Way to go Gracie. That is on my to learn list. ;)

KimM said...

Good for you,Gracie! I did a couple of punch needle pieces...it was an ok experience and I can say I did it....looks like you're doing great!
xxx

Tiffstitch said...

Good start!

Cindy's Stitching said...

I tried punch needle before, I like it, my first love is cross stitch. It's always nice to try new things, can't wait to see how it comes out gracie.

Bea said...

That is a terrific start. I've never tried punch needle and it looks interesting. Maybe it will wander on to my "To Try" list.

Julie said...

Another string to you bow ... clever girl.