Monday, April 11, 2016

Nesting update

The stitching is complete on my Victorian Lady...
and I love her. Now to sort through some of the fabric I have and get her  completed. I have both a light blue and a mauve/oink fabric that would look nice for the backing and a floral for the lining...well, at least I think they will look nice. Have to get them out and plan it. I started the May SAL from Snowflower Diaries....love the design. My knitting is still in progress but not interesting enough to show. I also kitted up another (small) project but have not started it. My birds update is, well....first the Dove nest...
she is a good momma, always on the nest unless we walk by then off she goes. Two white eggs....We have had some rain these last few days, very little compared to the rest of the state, but the temps have cooled down also. I always feel bad when it is cool or hot for the nestlings. Both nests are somewhat protected by the overhang from the roof, but nevertheless, it has been cool and windy. As for the House Finches....Mr H and I have been careful not to disturb them and that is why no pictures. This morning I asked Mr H to hold up the mirror so we could check as the momma was not there....we are not sure about them...the three of them seemed at first not to be alive, but then we thought we saw some movement. To be honest, with the crappy weather and no need to go and water plants, I have not paid too much attention to them. So far momma finch is not around....I will try to really keep watch today. As I type, Mr H is out there checking them....I have hand raised robins before, but in a long time. I know, it is nature. Enough of my giving you my sadness....thank you for your precious friendship and kind words....have a good day.

9 comments:

Amy said...

Your Victorian lady is lovely!

I feel like whenever I have a chance to observe nature in action, something sad happens. I always have to remind myself that the amount of nature's activity and life that I don't see far outweighs what I do see, and that nature has things better figured out than I do (I remembered being devastated by the loss of a nest of robin chicks to a cat, and then finding out that robins produce so many sets of eggs/chicks per season specifically because they also lose so many to any number of problems - from predators, to weather, to illness. It made me feel better, somehow, knowing that the robin mom and dad would have a successful little family at some point).

Sheryl S. said...

Interesting post and pretty stitching. Hope mama finch appears.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely work on your Victorian Lady.

I hope the little chicks are OK too.

Vickie said...

I really like your finish Gracie. I hope mama shows up. I had a robin abandon her eggs last year, that was bad enough.

Cindy's Stitching said...

Victorian lady looks pretty.

Heather S said...

Love your Victorian lady, she's beautiful. Hope the finches are ok.

Bea said...

Victorian Lady is lovely. Well done on the finish.

butterfly said...


Lovely Stitching love the Victorrian lady.

Oh poor chicks I hope mummy comes back soon.

Brigitte said...

So beautiful, your Victorian lady.