Monday, March 21, 2016

On Hatch Watch...

As of yesterday there were no new eggs...
so we are officially on hatch watch. If all goes according to the book, this could be around the first week of April. Mrs Finch spends all her time in the nest leaving for only very short times. I am not sure where the Mr is .... can you see her head poking up? I have been stitching...
stitching for both front and back of the pin keep is complete. Now on to finishing and waiting for the next part. The other parts include: skein holder, tape measure cover and waxer bag. Just have to wait.... Now I will concentrate on Snowflower SAL which is coming along with not much left to do. I found a new frame for the series and painted it this weekend so I will curious to see if the color I chose will be okay. Still have not sat at my sewing machine...maybe today as I have no other plans. However, by afternoon me and the tissue box are almost inseparable. When will this nose feel better! So Spring has arrived and so has a snow storm for my family/friends on the East Coast. Hard to brag about the fact that our temps today should be around 90....but I know only too well how the weather back there can be. We have a shrub in our front yard...
and it is starting to bloom lovely white flowers....not sure of the name but is  pretty to look at. This is the first time that it has bloomed since I have been living here. It certainly has been nice to chat with you...thank you for your friendship and kind words....hope you have a great day.

7 comments:

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

Babies being hatched and bushes in bloom! You are making me mad! LOL! :) Not really...it is a bright sunny day here and the grass is greening up nicely, trees are on the verge of budding and even though its a chilly 45 degrees...Spring is in the air!

geeky Heather said...

Hooray for hatch watch!! The pinkeep is beautiful!

butterfly said...


I can see his head how sweet .
Love the stitching and the white plant .
Have a lovely week and that your cold gets better.

Vickie said...

I am sorry your cold lingers. We are expecting snow Wednesday. phooey!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

It's just like Spring-Watch at your house!

The pinkeep is looking great.

EvalinaMaria said...

Thank you fro sharing Gracie. Your stitching is lovely, I absolutely adore your little scissors!
Evalina, This and that...
and Random Act of Stitching Kindness

Brigitte said...

So great to be able to watch Mrs finch breeding on the eggs. I'm already curious to see the little birds.
We also have such shrub, its blooms are wonderful. But it even doesn't have leaves here yet.