Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Coyote encounter...again

If you follow me on Facebook you may have read my quick post yesterday about the coyote. This was not my first time meeting up with a coyote nor will it be my last. As I was just approaching home after a short early morning walk (7:30am ish), a young coyote began to cross the street right in front of me. He looked at me and hesitated so I stopped to give him plenty of space. Older coyotes usually just mosey on but this fella was waiting for a moment. I do not trust the young ones. Soon he decided to continue to walk ahead of me so I continued home. I still feel the same excitement when I am close to them but I also remind myself they are wild. As I turned into our courtyard....
this lovely sight greeted me. It is Bougainvillea....and blooms all year. Isn't is beautiful....makes a lovely presentation to all who walk into our courtyard. The birds hide inside and sometimes they fly out as you walk past and scare the heck out of you. I just had to share. I managed to get lots of stitch time yesterday and will be able to start the second side of my pin keep tomorrow. I may even get to cut out my sewing project....you know, the one I am not telling you about yet. The House finch couple is currently chattering loudly in the backyard. Still setting up house.
Do you see the blur pot on the right on the top of the shelf...that is their abode. Remember I did say it was in our pathway. The door leads into the garage from our yard. Since they are not living there yet, I am not sure if they will like the activity that will be around them all the time. Time will tell. Speaking of time, I do not hear the washing machine so it must be time to get the laundry and of course have another cup of coffee. My stitching is awaiting me so as soon as I get this taken care of I will return to my comfy chair. I have enjoyed our visit. Thank you for your friendship and kind words which bring joy to my soul. Have a wonderful day.

9 comments:

Vickie said...

I do not like coyotes. They like my poodles!!
The flowers are so gorgeous!

Tiffstitch said...

An odd encounter indeed, and your flowers and yard are lovely.

Shelly said...

The Bougainvillea really remind me of my childhood years in Los Angeles. I haven't seen any of those flowers around here where I live. They are very vibrant. I would hate to meet a coyote while I'm out walking. Good thing you are smart about them. Enjoy your day, Gracie!

Cindy's Stitching said...

Such pretty flowers. glad you are cautious about the animals in the area.

butterfly said...


I wish we could grow bougainvillea outside , but no , we can grow them inside my summer house but it is to hot in the summer and last time I put it out side ants got inside the pot.
All your flowers look wonderful.
You never know who you will meet on your walk take care hugs.

Chookyblue...... said...

oh I have bouganvilleas..........so bright and hardy......glad the coyote went away........

KimM said...

Beautiful, beautiful flowers....
Hugs

Julie said...

Enjoyed my blog reading catch up with you, your new toy from Blue Ribbon is useful. Beautiful flowers you have blooming in the garden.
No sure I would like to have come face to face with your early morning companion on your walk.
x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

No coyotes here! Although we did have a pair of foxes in the garden who had a staring contest with one of the cats. The foxes won but the cat stalked away very haughtily as if not wanting to admit defeat!