Monday, March 7, 2016

Something new in my tool box

I love using any tool that will make my crafting easier and more accurate. When I saw this I had to have it
The Stitch Starter Ruler comes with a lovely Pocket Sleeve to keep it in, both are well made. It is from Blue Ribbon Designs and you can find it here and read about it here. The delivery was so quick. I spent yesterday with needle in hand and watching Poirot videos with Mr H...very relaxing. No plans for today...hopefully more stitching. My pin keep is coming along. Soon to start on the second side design. I also decided to put a little into the EGA project.... not enough done to show you yet. The House Finch nest building  is continuing. I tucked some orts into the bark of the palm for her to find.
As much as we like to help with nature real estate, Mr H is not too pleased that the plant may suffer. Hopefully it has enough stored water to make it through this ordeal. We continually persuade the Quails not to build a home in the yard on a daily basis. The other day I brought home
lovely red tulips.....and set them in a pretty cobalt blue and white vase which is sitting on...
this lovely hand embroidered table topper. No, I can not take credit for it, but I have had it since the early 90's. It was given to me by a sweet elderly lady. The seem to go together. I have several very old table linens and try to use them often...saving them is not an option. I want to enjoy them not tuck them away. I am hearing my stomach requesting food, so off I must go and also the laundry needs the dryer....glad we chatted. Thank you for your friendship and kind words. Have a marvelous day.

7 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

Excellent tool, I'm going to investigate this because counting and re-counting gets old fast when I want to start something new.

I hope all goes well with the nest and the plant. Poirot is one of my favourites too. :)

diamondc said...

Gracie: Those rulers are great tools.
Love the flowers and the table cloth is beautiful, I am like you I use I do not hide.
We are in the process of watching the robins pick a new place to built a nest, we never take down a nest it is part of nature, we once had a neighbor take down robins nest on under his deck till I told him if he did it one more time I was going to call the DNR not sure if they would have done anything but still that is so mean to destroy a birds home.
My tummy is saying feed me also so off to the kitchen to rummage.

Blessings
Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The Stitch Starter is a great idea for corner starters. I'm a centre starter myself for most of my projects. Even band samplers I tend to start in the middle row and work upwards then down.

Vickie said...

haha! First thing these eyes were attracted to was the PINK pocket for the Stitch Starter. ha! Neato.
The tablecloth is pretty, as are the flowers. I am with you, why store things away, use them!

Fiore said...

Hi Gracie. The Stitch Starter is a verri interesting tool. Thank you for showing it. I generally start in the middle of The fabric, it's faster and safer.
I love tulips. A bunch of flowers make a house brighter and happier.
Ciao

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

I agree about getting them out and enjoying them....why save them?! Your new tool is nifty, your tulips gorgeous and the quails are busy :)

Brigitte said...

That's a really useful tool when you start your stitching in a corner. I always start in the center of the piece since I once had a real fabric disaster after starting in a corner.