Saturday, November 28, 2015

Almost time for the tree....

When do you put up your Christmas tree? How about the outdoor decorations? I generally get things going by the first of December. Why put so much into the decorating for only a few days or so...besides I like to enjoy each and every ornament; some I have had since we got married. A few belonged to my aunt Angie and of course there are the new ones and gifted ones. Today I think I will start the out front lights. Once Mr H has his surgery Monday, he will not be helping and the outside lights are the place he helps with the extensions and such. Inside requires a little rearranging of things for the trees and I hope to do it over the few days he is in hospital. He tends to get a bit too helpful and is under foot. Yesterday I spent some time with my sweet friend Jeanne....and we made...
these simple to sew ornaments. I cut out several circles for her so she can make several.I really enjoy these origami type crafts. The back is ...
plain but pretty too. I have not pressed this one yet. I can't wait to see Jeanne's. I have a few packages to send out. Think I will go on Tuesday morning...the first of the month especially December is so busy there.The temps are a bit cool but enjoyable never the less, and the sun is still hot enough to give a burn. Have you noticed that some of my posts are later and not so early morning...well, I think I am getting old cause getting up and doing in the morning is not as it was. Oh, I am still awake most mornings by 3 AM but not in the mood to do anything butt curl up on the daybed in the sewing room. Ever since retiring...hmm, wonder if that has something to do with it! My get up has gotten up and went. Glad to chat with you today. Thank you for your friendship and kind words. Have a great day.

12 comments:

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

I think alot of our get up has gotten up and went. I can' wait for the last card exchange. I will be sending everyone a little surprise this time. hugs

Vickie said...

Have fun decorating. We don't start til after the 1st.

diamondc said...

Hi Gracie: Blessings and fast healing to Mr. H, I hope all goes well. for you both.
Love the ornaments great idea and so pretty.
We put up our decorations the first Friday of December, this is the kick-off at Church for the Christmas Season and I am really in the mood to decorate.
We take everything down in the first week of January.

Blessings
Catherine

Debbie said...

Enjoy your decorating this weekend and next week too.

Best wishes to Mr. H for his surgery.

Take care.

Tiffstitch said...

We don't have any set schedule yet, and we're really bad about taking the tree down. :) Good luck!

shirley flavell said...

Happy decorating Gracie and best wishes for Mr. H.

Ma, Herself said...

Sending good thoughts for Mr. H's surgery, please keep us all posted.
Your ornaments are so pretty, and look very complicated to me...as for our tree, we have an artificial one so it goes up the first weekend in December and down on January 3rd...why those particular dates? I have no idea, LOL. When the boys were growing up I always made a fun afternoon project of decorating the tree with Christmas Music, popcorn, and cocoa...but now that they are grown and Sean is married, he has a tree of his own and Ian helps with our tree if he is home, mostly it's me and Mom...I do love all of the memories of each ornament.
Have a great weekend Gracie
Hugs

Dotty's Daughter said...

Hoping all goes well on Monday and will be thinking of you. Xx

butterfly said...


All the best for Monday, I will be thinking of you both .

Yes I will be putting my Christmas decorations up from this week , I have one club first then after that I will make a start.Take care and sending big hugs.

Heather said...

We usually start around the first of December as well. Yesterday we bought the planters for outside and I hung the wreaths on the door. The lights are already up (I didn't take them down last year...), and I will probably plug them in sometime early this week. The tree, with all its handmade ornaments (including at least one from you!) will go up tomorrow or Tuesday. I can't wait!

Best wishes for Mr. H tomorrow!

Julie said...

Thinking of you both, best wishes for Mr H tomorrow
Xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The advent tree and calendars are obviously up already but the rest of the decorations won't be for a little while. Probably the weekend of the 12th this year because I'm not working then.
We have a real tree so that will go up nearer the 18th otherwise it won't last until the 6th Jan. I am very strict about everything staying up until 12th Night.