Friday, July 17, 2015

Bracing for the hand....

Therapy on my hand is continuing., This week I have the added pleasure of wearing a brace while sleeping..
It  is hard plastic that was molded to fit my hand. It is to prevent my hand from making a fist while sleeping. The swelling seems to be down some but the aches and pains still persist. This lovely contraption is held on with Velcro
 which makes it easy to put on and of course remove when it feels to much. I can not use the hand with it on.... that is the purpose. As you can see in the picture, my hand is still swollen...I have started to do a bit of the therapy on my own at home. Seems like this is taking forever to right itself. I have been taking the occasion xx's here and there. It is frustrating not to cross stitch. I was glad I found those origami ornaments to make.... but even that takes more time. That is about it for today my friends. I must have breakfast real soon....and of course a cup of coffee. If you are interested in the August Card Exchange, there is still time to let me know. Hope you all have a wonderful day.

12 comments:

Vickie said...

Hang in there. And follow doctor's orders.♥

Debbie said...

Hope your day is improving likewise for your hand. It will take time. Meanwhile you can dream of those cross stitch projects to come! Hang in there.

Chookyblue...... said...

Hopefully the hands will heal soon and you don't need the brace.....

Chookyblue...... said...

Hopefully the hands will heal soon and you don't need the brace.....

Chookyblue...... said...

Hopefully the hands will heal soon and you don't need the brace.....

butterfly said...


Oh gracie i do feel for you, wishing your hand will get better soon hugs June.
Add me to the card list too hugs.

Ele said...

I feel for you. Hope your hand improves soon

diamondc said...

Graci: I hope your hand gets back to normal very soon, ouch at least you only need to wear the brace at night.

Blessings
Catherine

Cindy's Stitching said...

oh my Gracie. I hope it is better soon.

Ma, Herself said...

Gosh Gracie, enough is enough for you, dear friend. I am sending hugs and hoping that it does improve soon...and I agree with the others who said "Follow doctors orders" missy.
Hugs and have a great weekend
Ma

shirley flavell said...

Hope your hand gets better soon, it must be very frustrating not being able to stitch as much as you would like.Take care. Shirley

Julie said...

I hope this new brace works its magic and helps enormously. x