Sunday, July 12, 2015

Slow and easy

Wow an entire week has passed me by. Even though I only work a few days per week, not going in at all seemed strange. I must say that it was a good rest in a way for my hand even though I do use it in my everyday living. I did manage to create something this week....just had to take it slow and easy....
Origami Christmas ornaments. I first saw these on Julie's blog and then did some research and found a link to a Norwegian gal in Oslo who also makes these....fun to do and requires simple folding and stitching. So far I have 3 this week...they really do not take long to do; just my hand holding things slow. Depending on the fabric and trim, they can fit into anyone's likes. Making small  changes to my likes and I am pleased. It is a good take along project. I like my Southwest one.

I have not touched any cross stitching but plan on that today. My hand is still swollen and achy/painful but I take everything easy and will stitch for just short periods at  time. I m also hoping to do a bit more on my meadow piece. My next therapy session is Tuesday. I may have some new "hand wear" then. Getting ready for August Card Exchange....if you would like to participate, let me know. We have been enjoying the hand written notes and lovely cards..... some of the gals have been sending right along since December! Each month I pick a theme and you need to address that in your note.It is a way of sharing something about yourself. I guess that is about it for now. My wash is ready for the line and I really need food. So with that I want to thank you for your encouragement and friendship. Enjoy your day.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Hi Gracie,
Beautiful finishes on the ornaments!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What lovely ornies.

I would love to be in the next card exchange please.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I'm glad you've found something you can work on whilst resting your hand. I hope the resting works and that you can get back to doing more of the things you enjoy.

Cindy's Stitching said...

Really pretty Gracie. I hope you are enjoying the summer.

Julie said...

They looks amazing, well done.