Sunday, June 21, 2015

I finally tried.....

It has been a nice morning...not as hot to start the day but getting there. Today may be around 110. Another good stay indoors day for Mr H and me, myself and I. The laundry is done and the living room drapes are stored. The summer set is up. Next to change the bed---oh wait, Mr H is still in bed!
I decided that this would be the weekend to try to make a hexagon piece....
So, I gathered some scraps from the butterfly potholder...gathered a few other things and began. I really think I made some steps harder than they needed to be but all in all I did enjoy the project. My hand did not cooperate most of the time and so it took more time than most might have done. I see that the writing may not be clear, so , the larger ones are 1 inch and the smaller are about 1/2 inch finished. I did enjoy making them, and I know the next will be easier and look better....
Here they are.... I think I may make them into pincushions.... you know I love my pincushions. The size is easier to see in this picture. Needing to rest my hand, I will try to complete the project  later.
I will be emailing out the July Card exchange list later.....it seems all agree that it is so nice to receive hand written notes. As for the Thimble Exchange, it is still open so if you are interested please let me know. Also if you prefer not to mail internationally, that is fine but let me know.
I desperately need another cup of coffee so I best get to the coffee maker. As always, thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to stop by. I do hope you enjoy your day.
There is nothing more attractive than a nice smile” 
Charles M Schultz

7 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

slowly sewing is better then no sewing.............nice hexies..........

Ele said...

Wow! How clever. They look very pretty, love the bright colors

Annette-California said...

Those are some very small hexies and they look great. I don't know how you do manage such hot temps. It was cool today for us but now this week the numbers go up but not like yours. Great to have a car where you can turn on the AC ahead of time - very cool (pun intended).
love Annette

Julie said...

Lovely fabric combination.

Brigitte said...

Oh Gracie, you were jumping on the bandwagon and made some hexies, and they are looking so great. I have to try this myself.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice hexies!

I have my list and I have my cards, I just need to write on them and take a little stroll to the Post Office.

Kaisievic said...

Great hexies, Gracie.