Monday, April 20, 2015

Almost a good morning

I have been fighting a simple cold for this past week. Saturday and Sunday were spent doing absolutely nothing...well, almost. I started a project...and finished this morning
It started with me buying the Quilter's iron....top left corner and then planning how to store it. Found the placemat and added some felt to "close" the pockets then added buttons and elastic to close it all. Feeling pleased with it. There are times when pulling out and setting up a full size iron for a simple seam is just a nuisance. It is made by Clover and with my Jo Ann's coupon for 50% off, well I could not resist. I also bought the larger size iron end also with a 50% off. Simple but effective Iron roll. The buttons I found in my button jar on a card that said 69 cents!...imagine how long I have had them!  Thank you for the kind words regarding my Teneriffe Pincushion...it all started with a small kit...
It is from Gina B Silkworks that I sent for.It came with a dense foam piece, a plastic template, pins and needles. The directions were clear enough and I then started to search the web for more ideas. The posted pincushion was the result of a class however. The designs are endless. All depends on the pattern you weave. This kit makes motifs that can be added to anything as opposed to the one I did which is stitched directly on a foundation fabric. So much fun to try and to learn new things.... I really do love my counted cross stitch, but at times I need to do something else. Poor Red, she must think I have left her in the woods to fend for herself..... I will try to sit with her today. Right now I think some Tylenol, tissue and a cup of coffee and toast is what I need. We are headed for a warm day in the 80s. Did I mention that last week I started to play around with some crazy quilting for a pincushion? Have a good day my dear friends.....

5 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I love crazy quilting so I look forward to seeing your pincushion. It's good to try new things Grace, I agree.

Stitching Happy said...

I like your idea for your mini iron.
I hope your cold goes away soon.
Happy Monday Gracie x

Mdm Samm said...

did you say pincushion lol you have my attention wink...x

Brigitte said...

You are such a creative person, Grace. I love that little bag you made for your new mini iron. I'm looking forward to seeing your crazy quilted pincushion.
Hopefully your cold has gone by now.

Julie said...

Super bag for your new iron.
I bet Red is sitting having a picnic in the woods watching the wildlife going by .....