Monday, March 9, 2015

Introducing-------

The Pink Lady!
It can be so difficult to take a picture of a shadow box picture. Hope you can see all the detail. I used a pale champagne satin for the backdrop. In my mind it is like a curtain. I also was trying for the dimensional look. a string of pearls and flowing ribbons.... think I got it. I can say that  I am pleased with it. Have no idea where she will reside in the home, but for now, I take pleasure of her company on the mantle.Mr H and I had a lovely relaxing day yesterday. We sat out on the lanai for a time and he tended to his garden. Our temperatures are so nice it begs for you to sit out and enjoy. So many flowers in bloom and the scent of orange blossoms fills the air. We do not have a tree in our yard, but they are all around us.
Yesterday I showed you a picture of the Tree Mallow blossom...here is the tree itself...
 it is in full bloom. Too bad there is no fragrance, but then it would probably be overwhelming as it is just outside the lanai. The flowers do not last very long, but they are lovely.
With Pink Lady finished I can now work on Red Riding Hood...... how ever, I just ordered some templates and of course the Angelina fibers..... but yes, Red will get my attention. There is not too much left to stitch. I may have to start wearing blinders so as not to be tempted with all I see. I think it is time for a cup of coffee  and I will take the newspaper outside and sit at the table under the Sweet Memory tree. Happy to chat with you today...and everyday that you visit. Thank you for caring, thank you for the kind words and hugs.....your friendship is wonderful. Enjoy your day.

20 comments:

Justine said...

What an unusual and stunning way to frame this gorgeous finish, Gracie. I would leave her on the mantelpiece.

Justine said...

What an unusual and stunning way to frame this gorgeous finish, Gracie. I would leave her on the mantelpiece.

Jacquie Morris said...

OMG!! Oh my word!!
Your Pink Lady is stunning.... I love how you have arranged it and the whole look of it is wonderful.
Looking forward to seeing your next project Red Riding hood :)
Enjoyed my visit here today.... Gosh your work is lovely... Really lovely, cannot wait to see your next stitching project :)
Smiles :)

diamondc said...

What a beautiful way to finish this lovely lady, wow.
Love your floral bush.
A bit of spring is upon us in the state of Minnesota.

Catherine

EvalinaMaria said...

Pink Lady looks beautiful in that box, well done! Your tree is amazing.

Vickie said...

What a gorgeous way to display her Gracie. Enjoy your day!

Julie said...

OH my ... she is stunning, you have captured her beauty so well in the magnificent way you have chosen to display her. It's so different and so beautiful. Love it!

Sheila said...

Hi Gracie, I love the way you finished Pink Lady! She's just beautiful.
Glad to hear Mr.H is on the mend and feeling better.

Ninetta said...

She's lovely!

shirley flavell said...

I love the way you have finished the pink lady, stunning. Shirley

rosey175 said...

Love how you framed Madame Pink, she really does look loovely with her pearls and ribbons.

And I am so glad to hear Mr. H is back in full force with his garden.

Heather S said...

Lovely work and she sure is a beautiful lady. Love the flowers and they look like a nice soft colour.

Blu said...

What a pretty finish! And I love the way you've displayed it.

Anne said...

Just catching up with blog posts and I'm really happy to hear your sweet hubby is on the mend. Sending you big hugs. The shadow box is a great way to display the Pink Lady...very unique!

Anthea said...

Pink Lady is just gorgeous , Gracie, well done I hope you're pleased with her...

Brigitte said...

Congratulations on finishing the Pink Lady. And it must be a dream to be in your garden and enjoy all the scents and views.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a great idea, she looks lovely in the box. I am totally stealing this idea for my Brooke's Books witches!

Annette-California said...

Pink Lady looks so regal! Talk about such a elegant reveal! LOL!!
Just beautiful! love Annette

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Gorgeous stitching

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Gorgeous stitching