Sunday, January 11, 2015

Tree and Gloves

I may need a nap today....fell asleep around 4:30 AM woke at 8ish...but the sun is shining today. Not that I really minded the cloudy day yesterday with a little drizzle added in. Mr H had a nerve racking football game day yesterday...in the end the Patriots won the game and next week another day of  tension as we head to the Super Bowl hopefully which will be played right here in The Valley of The Sun Arizona! Have you seen the outrageous ticket prices?! Not that there are many to be had by the general public. I did get stitching into my day...
         the beginnings of the tree are in focus now. It slowly is revealing itself. Before I know it, Red will appear....... Even though the finish is a way off, I have been thinking of the completed project.... I may have seen just the right fabric for it. Speaking of fabric... I really need to go through what is in my bins. It is okay to buy and store, but I am forgetting what I have. I also added gloves to the Mistletoe Angel...
 I remember the days when all ladies, young and old alike wore gloves. I have saved so many and have a few that belonged to my dear Aunt Angie. Your ensemble was not complete until you added the hat, gloves and handbag. Oh and it was a must to have a handkerchief too. I have many of them that I hoped to someday make a coverlet with. I sometimes use hankies and gloves with my teapot/tea cup displays. Got off track here.... back to  Mistletoe, as soon as I added her gloves she is beginning to take shape. I can't wait to add the beads to her bodice.
As tired as I feel right now, I am looking forward to a go nowhere day so that I can stitch. It is always so nice to have you visit....thank you for the kind words and most of all your friendship. Have a wonderful day. I think it is time for some scrambled eggs....

6 comments:

Julie said...

Mistletoe is looking so lovely.

sew.darn.quilt said...

Very nice ")

Ann at Beadlework. said...

The whole glove thing makes me think of the Queen over here in the UK - she always has her gloves on.

shirley flavell said...

I like the look of Mistletoe so far Gracie. Hope you have a greatrelaxing day. Very hot here. Hugs Shirley

Anne said...

Love the progress on REd Riding Hood. I wish we could go back to those days when people took the time to get dressed for the day! I love gloves and often wear pairs when I go out.

thegreytail said...

lovely progress!
I must say I use hats and gloves during wintertime pretty much every time I go out. I even have long long gloves that go up your elbow that I wear with a wool jacket with shorter, wide sleeves just like int he sixties.
and I always have handkerchieves with me because somehow when I go out I get a running nose, even in the summer, bah!