Wednesday, January 14, 2015

It was not another Tuesday

Yesterday was just Tuesday at work until I looked at our bulletin board in the staff room. "Keep Mary in your thoughts"..... what happened that she is in hospital? At first no one seemed to know that I asked; then we did find out that Mary was quite ill. It was sudden and very serious.  First thought, oh I must get a card to send with a note to this sweet smiling laughing lady who I work with. Words like "life support" then later "off life support" within minutes of those last words as I walked to the front of the store to clock out, "she's gone"! Mary was a fun person who made lovely items for sale at fairs. A person who smiled all the time and made you laugh. Miss Mary, Crafts Mary were a few names we used when referring to her. How could this nice caring person leave our world so quickly. As I left the store with a few of my co-workers, we stopped to chat and comfort one another and yes cry. So often you hear the words---you never know what is going to happen from one day to the next. A feeling of shock and disbelief at the thought of not seeing someone ever again. Jo Ann's lost more than an employee; we lost a fun loving talented lady who made us all smile. In no time she will have those angels smiling, crafting and stitching away.

18 comments:

Cindy said...

I am so sorry .... Loosing someone is so hard..

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your much-loved colleague. Life can be so cruel sometimes. You just never know what tomorrow holds, better make the most of today. Irene xxx

Vickie said...

Wow. That is hard. I am sorry Gracie.

sew.darn.quilt said...

I'm so sorry, Gracie.

Gillian Salmons said...

My thoughts are with all affected and I send hugs

Julie said...

Oh Gracie, how sad you lost a colleague and friend. You are right, you never know what life will bring your way. I hope you and your colleagues can soon remember Mary with a lighter heart. xxx

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Life is so fragile and fleeting--another lesson in making everyday count

Terri said...

I am so sorry for your loss! Hugs and prayers!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Oh Grace, it's a true saying that it's a good thing we don't know what's ahead of us. These things strike out of the blue and come as such a shock.

Michele Inman said...

So very sorry to hear about your friend and coworker, Mary. I know how much that hurts. {{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}

butterfly said...

So sorry to hear about Mary , i am sure she will be so missed .

Shelly said...

So sorry Gracie, on the loss of your coworker. I know how that feels. You see them and then you don't. It's a little bewildering. Take care.

Pam in IL said...

So sorry to read about your co-worker. Sending HUGS and keeping you and Mary's family and friends in my prayers.

shirley flavell said...

Sorry to read of the loss of a collegue Gracie. Hugs Shirley

Fiona said...

Sad to hear that...
Hugz

Cindy's Stitching said...

Sorry for your loss. It always hard to lose someone.

Faith... said...

So sorry for your loss.

thegreytail said...

I'm so so sorry, Gracie.
it's incredible how fast and unpredictable these things can be. I'll keep your friend in my thoughts.