Tuesday, January 20, 2015

I am being watched

What a week. Work was busy last week, my stitching has been slow and everything in between.
If having my right hand swollen at times is not enough, now my left hand is a problem. I saw the doctor yesterday and he prescribed some medication to try. I may have the start of a trigger (left index) finger. As a result, stitching has been little and slowed. But I am seeing red...
more of it at least. I have been switching from the black to the brown and the red. This is such a pleasant piece to stitch. Hood and face complete, I will begin the cloak soon. I also added a few more stitches to Pink Lady.... but no photo taken. As I mentioned, I am being watched... every time I sit at the computer... they look over what I am doing....
They, being my Kachina dolls (some of them) sit on the top shelf of my computer desk. These are five of 12 that I have. Most of them given to me by EvaP. Mom collected these many years ago and when I moved here to Arizona she sent them to me. The others are in my curio cabinet. It seems like they are starting a war dance every time I type! Especially the Turquoise one there on the right in the rear...he tends to move about, like now he is facing/moving behind the center  fellow. I think it is time to take them down and give them a cleaning and changing their places. Maybe he is unhappy with his spot. I can't believe it is almost a week since I visited here! Glad that you stopped by today, and I want to thank you for your kind words re my co-worker Mary's passing. Hope you have a wonderful day. I want to share a rose with you.... picked from Mr H's garden...

7 comments:

Vickie said...

I knew it wasn't Red watching you, she has no eyes yet!
What a lovely rose.

Cindy's Stitching said...

Hope you hands get better. The doll story made me laugh. The rose is pretty.

Heather S said...

Hope you are on the mend and I like the look of your company. They are just gorgeous.

Jacquie Morris said...

Ooooh your stitching is coming along... It's looking lovely already. I am loving the red too.
I hope you get some relief for your hand... So that you can sew comfortably.
Lol loved your little story.. Maybe they need a change or scenery?
Smiles :)

Julie said...

Good morning Gracie ... thanks for showing the Kachina dolls, I've just been and read about them, very interesting. You often post things that I have to look up, its fun to read about things across the globe and learn.

Red riding hood is looking superb.

I hope the new meds help to ease the pains you are having in your hands.

much love x

Caitlin D said...

I love the red in this piece. It really pops out. :-)

cucki said...

Hope you are on the mend..i love your sweet stitches..
hugs x