Friday, January 23, 2015

Pink Lady has a face

A chilly start this morning. Give us Arizonans a day or two of "warm" weather and we complain at the normal temps! I will be out for a meeting this morning at 9AM and will need a sweater. Tomorrow? well they are saying temp of 78. It was a beautiful day on Wednesday, Mr H and I sat out on the lanai playing Pocket Farkle. He won big time....today, I am going to enjoy my Friday off. Later this morning Mr H and I would like to go to the Cave Creek area for an Art & Craft Show. In the meantime, I have added more black thread to Red Riding Hood....and also managed a little more on the Pink Lady
I find it sometimes unsettling to  have a face not defined as I work...seems like she was starring at me blankly! Then I added the champagne beads to the bodice and she sparkles! This is an enjoyable project..... stitching at my leisure. This project is set up in the sewing room and Red is in the living room...nice to be able to have 2 areas where I can leave my work undisturbed. It is hard to think that this month is almost over. What happened to those drawn out months?  With the is finish of this month, February brings my birthday and another reminder of getting older, complete with a few new aches here and there. Still, I am luckier than many and for that I am grateful. I will celebrate with my annual Happy UN-Birthday  give away so be sure to watch for it. Thank you for the kind words and of course most of all your friendship. Whatever your plans for the day, hope you have a wonderful time.
                     You can't help getting older, but you don't have to get old.
George Burns

11 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I'm envious Grace, of two things. Firstly your temperatures and secondly that you can leave your work out ready to do. With two naughty cats and a dog it's impossible - I can't even leave the room for two minutes or they run off with my needlework/knitting.

Caitlin D said...

I'll take 78 degrees! The pink lady is gorgeous. :-)

Cindy's Stitching said...

Your weather sounds just perfect to me. She is looking real good.

diamondc said...

I love hot weather if its 90 out I am out stitching, I am a very cold blooded person, so warm is good for me.
Love the Pink Lady.

Catherine

cucki said...

She is looking super pretty xx

Annette-California said...

Love the beads on Pink Lady! So pretty! I have to admit I am liking the cold weather here for now. Hope your day is wonderful.
love Annette

Julie said...

Pink Lady looks very elegant and beautiful.

Ninetta said...

She is lovely! I'm curious to see if you'll fill the background...

KimM said...

The Pink Lady looks beautiful! I'm jealous of your warm weather.
hugs
xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Catching up on blog reading here! I have enjoyed seeing your progress on Little Red and on the Pink Lady too. I recognised her as a Brooke's Books design straight away even though I haven't seen this one before!
Sorry for the loss of your friend and colleague.

Alyssa F said...

How pretty! I have this pattern in my stash too, I think I may have to pull it out soon!