Monday, January 5, 2015

Lazy days

I do not know about you, but I do love to have a few lazy days....doing very little and relaxing. I have been stitching...
I started The Primitive Hare's Little Red Riding Hood...just had to! and also The Spirit of Mistletoe, a dimensional angel on perforated paper; a Brook's Books design. The Red Riding Hood has been slow with the beginning of the border which is all black, but I am making progress. As for the Angel, I think she will be very pretty with or without her wings....have not decided yet. Today is doctor appointment for Mr H and also it will be off to the clock doctor for my quiet clock. I do hope it will be an easy fix. When we packed the truck for our 6 day drive across country 10 years ago, care was taken to protect it and it survived the journey in good working form. On our first day in Arizona it chimed us into our new life. If you wondered where I have been these past few days..... yes, I have been lazy but also irked with my printer. It seemed to be fine, newly replaced inks, printing okay until Saturday...it gave me 2 black and white printed pages but refused to print pages 3 and 4! After 1 hour on line with The Geek Squad, the prognosis is----  get a new printer....so I am off to Best Buy today to possibly replace my 3 year old printer. Do they have some kind of built in memo? that tells them okay, she bought me in January of 2011 so it is now time to go?! My warranty was for 2 years which ended in 2014, of course. Well, friends, I need a cup of coffee and a slice of toast so I can get back to Red Riding Hood....clock, printer and doctor the story of my day....glad you listened and thank you for visiting. Hope you have a good day.
PS: have you joined our Card Exchange? Email me with your mailing address to get on the growing list by Saturday January 10th.

10 comments:

Ele said...

Oh, I also love having some lazy days. And I am actually enjoying some right now :)
Love your stitching, both designs are so evocative!
Hugs and good luck with the doctor's appointments

Vickie said...

What wonderful designs. I just love Brooke's designs.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Lazy days are good for you - I think we all need them from time to time. I sent you my details for the exchange but don't know if you received them or not.

Brigitte said...

My favourite lazy days are the ones between Christmas and New Year when the house is back to its quietmess and silence. A great moment.
Very nice stitching on Red Riding Hood.

Sarah Beth said...

Iwant to do the card exchange. My birthday is Jan 13 1976

Anthea said...

Hi Gracie - just popping in to wish you happy new year & happy stitching during 2015... xx

thegreytail said...

I have so many Brook's Book in my must-stitch list, I can't wait to see this one grow. I'm sure you'll do a wonderful job with it.
I had printer hiccups too about a month ago, and I agree 100% with you, they DO come with a due date to start their tantrums, of course after the warranty expires. mine languished for a week then all of a sudden turned on (mind I didn't leave it on) and presumably fixed itself - perhaps she was just tired and needed a break? ;)

Julie said...

Hope all went well for Mr H's appointment at the Drs.
Two lovely projects!

Julie said...

Hope all went well for Mr H's appointment at the Drs.
Two lovely projects!

Sally said...

Hello Gracie

Two lovely new projects.
I hope Mr H's appt goes well and that your are re-united with your quiet clock.
Happy New Year to you and Mr H x