Friday, January 2, 2015

Time standing still

So many times we (and you know you do) wish for time to slow down or stop long enough for just one more stitch ..... well at Horton House it has!
On New Years day, our lovely clock stopped. Mr H has always taken care of the winding of the 2 keys and keeping it clean, but nothing he has tried has helped it to get going. I miss the sounds of the ticking and of course the hourly chimes. There is a clock repair shop nearby so we will be taking it in for a check. For 22, yes 22 years it has kept proper time. As much as I want need more time in life on occasion, I want need my clock!
I have started one of the PH projects but no pictures so far, but soon.
We are still in a winter temp  and there was snow north of The Valley. I actually had to wear a sweater to work yesterday. Mr H has taken some potted plants into the lanai as well as into the garage to protect them and last night we spread a cover over the snail vine....doesn't look pretty, but hopefully these coves will keep them from dying. Off to work today.... I would much rather be home stitching. Are you signed up for the January Card exchange? Send me an email with your mailing info before January 10th.....open to everyone near and far! Time for me to have some breakfast.... glad you stopped by. Thank you for the kind words and friendship....have a wonderful day.

One kind word can warm three winter months. 
 ~Japanese Proverb

9 comments:

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

Oh dear...that does stink when your clock stops...we have a grandfather's clock and I had to work on it this fall, as it quit chiming. I got it working! Good Luck at the clockworks!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I hope you manage to get your clock fixed. We couldn't fix our pendulum clock recently and I really miss it.

thegreytail said...

oh good luck with the clock, it does sound rather marvellous. I hope they can fix it, and it won't cost you the world.
we used to have a pompous grandfather clock when I was little but they got rid of it as it banged so loudly nobody ever got a good night's sleep. I wonder where it is, and I kind of miss one now (one that is more discrete anyways).
enjoy the cooler temps, I hope the garden won't suffer too much though.

Kaisievic said...

I hope that the clock is fixable. Hard to imagine you being so cold - it is going to be 41 today (106 F) and at 7am it was already 27 (81 F). A good day to stay inside and stitch with the aircon on!

butterfly said...

Hope the clock starts ticking again soon, I was going to say good timing I really want the time to go slower but then we would have to stop all the clocks . Enjoy your day.

Cindy's Stitching said...

My grandpa had one. I loved it. When i got married i got one. Somehow lost it in the mix. I like the noise. Everytime i see one I think of my grandpa. I am working to. Hopefully some stitching tonight.

Brigitte said...

Hopefully your clock can be repaired. What a strange moment to stop working, justwhen a new year starts, lol.
Cold temperatures where you live, that sounds also strange to me. I have always thought of your place as the place of my dreams - warm and without snow. I hope the cold won't take long.

Julie said...

I have a ticking chiming clock so know how comforting it is to listen to, hope yours can be fixed easily.

sew.darn.quilt said...

That is a beautiful clock, there's something about the rhythmic ticking that's so comforting. My father, up until his stroke 18 months ago, was a clock maker. I hope your clock is up and running very soon.