Tuesday, December 30, 2014

I won!

It has been a nice Christmas season but I am glad it has come to a close. I do look forward to a New Year. My Peppermint Tea Pot has been put away and the Christmas cupboard is closed until December 1st 2015. I must say when Shirlee and I decided to do a Card Exchange, I did not know how it would take off......
but it did...... it was nice to meet a few new friends and touch base with old friends. I would like to continue it throughout 2015, so if you are interested in a January Card Exchange just email me your mailing info by January 10th. Just a card and a note for friendship.
I like to think of myself as an eclectic stitcher---- I enjoy a little of this and that and try new things. I have made my list for 2015 and put some patterns and kits in my basket. I may have gotten a little too ambitious with my plans, but maybe not, we shall see. What I did not count on was my winning
The Primitive Hare's Christmas contest! Yes, I won 4 patterns of my choice from Isabelle. I emailed her my choices this morning. I love her designs. So, they will be added to the basket soon. My list is for ornaments, tatting, some prim stitching and some of this and that. I do not like to get bored! Have you made any stitching lists? I still have my gift certificate from 123 Stitch also..... mys sis knows what I like. I must admit to being a little behind with my blog reading/commenting/responding; sorry about that. I must will improve. I have 3 days of work this week... one of them being New Year's Day. Mr H and I do not go out for celebrating on NY eve, so it will not be a problem. Just 2 days left for this year....
A New Year is on the way and the possibilities are endless!
author unknown

12 comments:

Vickie said...

I love the last quote. :)
Good for you! It will be fun to see what you chose.

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

It couldn't have happened to a more kind and generous person than you! Happy New Year!!

butterfly said...

What a lovely post , I am so happy you won a giveaway like Vonna said it couldn't have happen to a nicer person than you.
Happy New Year to you and Mr H.
Yes I would like to join the January card exchange .

Shelly said...

Congrats on winning the PH contest. I may join the card exchange, will email later. I won't be going anywhere either for NY. We're facing 5-10 inches of snow that evening so I'm staying put. Happy New Year to you and Mr. H!

Anne said...

You are a lucky gal for winning the PH contest! She has such great designs. Lovely gifts all around Gracie! Enjoy your quiet night at home this New Years. We will be doing the same! Hugs!

Julie said...

Congratulations on your win, a lovely way to end the year.
Wishing you both good health in the coming year.
Xx

shirley flavell said...

I am so glad of your win with PH.It will be a lot of fun choosing what to do. Happy New Year Gracie. Hugs Shirley

Angela P said...

The card exchange was fun but I'll skip January. Congrats on your win! I look forward to reading your blog in 2015 :) Happy New Year!

Annette-California said...

Congratulations on winning PH contest. I too look toward to seeing what you select. Happy New Year, love Annette

rosey175 said...

Oh congrats on winning the PH giveaway~ I know those are popular designs so I'm sure you've made everyone envious haha. I think I will remember this time to join in on the card exchange. December was too much for me to even remember my own name hah. Happy New Year to you and yours~ :D

thegreytail said...

I made up my mind about the new year too, and I must say it'll be hard to stick to it but hey, got to be the master of my own dowels! ;)
I must (or better will) be better at blog reading too, and I'm surprised to say I haven't had a single hiccup with blogger so far today - unheard of!
Happy New Year to you and Dennis, can't wait to see what you have planned stitch-wise :)
lots of hugs,
chiara

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I was so pleased to see that you won the Prim Hare competition. In fact you have inspired me to order that chart too. There was a mix up over which cubes I wanted and Isabella sent the wrong ones. So of course I have to buy the other ones now!

I would love to be in your January card exchange. I might even have the perfect card in my stash already. I collect greetings cards so I always have a nice one for unexpected occasions!